So, I promised I would do some updates. The first update is about Kayler and his binkies. Janice thought I had said BIKINIS…lol. Nope, none of those around here.
Anyways, Kayler has LOVED his binky. He has since day 1. It was one of his first words. I have dreaded getting rid of it, because it is so handy. Some people don’t give their babies binkies because they don’t want the fuss of getting rid of it. My opinion is that I have had 2 years of pure bliss because of it, what is 1 or 2 days of stress getting rid of it.
The reasons I have to get rid of it is because: #1, he is almost 2…it is not so cute anymore. #2, he learned how to chew through them-he chewed through 4 brand new ones in one day….huge choking hazard. And #3, the kind he really likes has been discontinued. So, I thought it is a great time to get rid of it.
The only problem is that he hasn’t been sleeping all that well at night WITH the binky, so I am so worried what he will do WITHOUT the binky. The picture above is him with his “mad face” as we call it. (it is also a messy chocolate face) That is what he did after I told him that binkies are all gone. I cut the end off of one, showed him, and he looked up at me and said, “Oh man.”
I know he will do ok. I guess it is just hard for me because it is another indicator that he is not a baby anymore. He will be 2 on Sunday, and it just seems so surreal. I love him so much, he is truly a joy. So wish me luck with our binky-less days ahead, and have a great day!
9 comments:
That's so cute that he said, "Oh man!" LOL. Well, I am going at it with you with the binky thing. I am trying to get Nevie off hers, because in just the last few weeks, she has become ridiculously attached. I am not getting rid of it completely yet, but I'm trying really hard to cut back. Hopefully we'll just use it for naptime and bedtime and car rides for now. Good luck with Kayler! Let us know how it goes!
I love the "oh man" comment. He's funny. I can't believe he's almost 2! Harli's right behind him. When we come out they need to get together to play.
LOL- I promise I know how to read...
He is so dang cute... I hate the part when you have to take to ole favorite BIKINI :) away from those cute little baby's...
I had Shae "broke" from her binky and then when Eli was born she would steal his. She would have him suck on her finger while she sucked on the binky. Taking away the binky and blanky are the worst!! Good Luck, It is so nice not having to depend on them.
Good Luck! Laex is SUCH a binky kid...my day will come!
Good luck. I just took the bottle away from Sadie. A few months ago I started only putting water in her bottle thinking that she wouldn't want it anymore. That didn't work, but she keeps losing her bottles and I really can't find any, so that made it easy to quit. She has done o.k. so far. I hope Kayler does as well, and I hope he starts sleeping better.
my first two had binkies, my second two didnt. Only because I hated looking for them in the middle of the night. some days I wish something would help B & K sleep.
you know what Emmy started doing bad at night, because of her binky. She'd wake up and look for it since it wasn't in her mouth. So hopefully that is his deal too. I totally agree with you. Its heaven with them, I'd die without them. Makes the car rides more pleasant!!! Good luck!!! Its been hard for me Not her!!!
I think I am more dependant on Zoey having a binki just because it is so convienent. Like in church she starts to be bad all I do is pop that binki in. But I too am to the point that I think it is time to give the binki up I am so sick of looking under couchs etc.. For the lost binki so i will wait until Kayler is broke then you can give me some pointers deal hahah
Post a Comment