So this is going to be the most random post ever. My mind is just swarming with thoughts and emotions, and I wish I could type it all out and not feel bad or guilty about it, but I can’t. I have learned that a LOT more people read this blog than I ever realized, and I have been so open and candid about lots of things that I really don’t want the whole world to know. I need to think about starting a more private blog for my more personal posts and inviting my true friends, yet keep this one for my random things.
Anyways, I am having a little bit of blog withdrawals. It must be the nice weather that has kept everyone from posting. During the winter I thrived on reading all my friends interesting blog posts. Now that it is warmer, nobody-including me posts near as often. Oh well, I am SO glad the weather is finally nice.
Moving on, this blog post was titled regrets. I have a lot of regrets in my life, but I have a new #1 regret. It is that we never moved away from Vernal. Don’t get me wrong, Vernal is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people, scenery, events, etc. We have had several chances to move away, but something always happens and we never go, it just never feels quite right. Last summer we were all set to move to either
The main reason I would like to leave is to have a fresh start. I wanted to move out of
Oh well, I would be ungrateful if I didn’t recognize what I do have, and the wonderful life I lead. This will probably be my last post of this type; I will be working on starting a more personal blog. I will still keep this one especially since I started my ModBe business and I need to spread the word however I can. I will also post my fun, happy, random posts on it and keep the deeper posts in my private blog. Have a good day, and enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts.
9 comments:
I love you.
Really I do. Always remember that, K?
See you tonight!
hugs and kisses
I have also missed reading everyone's updates. I guess everyone has just gotten busy with the warm weather and outdoor activities or something and hasn't had time to update blogs. I've missed it. I love reading your blog - I feel like I've known you forever and it's fun to see how much we have in common. I feel like I've made a lot of friends through blogging.
I have my own opinions about "utah mormons" but won't go into details because I would probably offend some people. It's so sad that there is such a "better than thou" attitude here. I love that You, Mandy, Janice, and a lot of other people I have met through blogging are SO NOT like that and are more open-minded. It's nice to know that not everyone is so judgmental.
I'm glad that I've gotten to know you more through blogging and I hope you continue to keep me updated on everything in your life. I really enjoy hearing your stories and getting to know you more.
I'm sorry you are feeling regretful about not leaving Vernal. I love Vernal, but I've got to say--you are so right about the people (well, some of them at least). I am still in Utah, but holy cow. You would not believe the difference. People here are so nice, friendly, and welcoming. Church is so much more spiritual for me because it isn't just a big "fashion show" and "see how good I am?" contest. People are more humble, and are there to learn and to support each other. They really don't judge each other.
But, at the same time, I miss Vernal really bad. I miss knowing everyone and knowing where I fit in. I guess there are good and bad things about leaving Vernal. And if you ever want to "move away" for a week, come live with me!
It is good to live in a town where you don't know everyone's background, and they don't know yours. I'm sorry that you have had some bad experiences. I think you are so awesome. I don't know why anyone would be mean to you. I hope things get better, and good luck with your new business. I would love to look at a catalog.
im so glad to call you a true friend!you r such a sweety, thanks for going to the movie tonight it was fun, and im still up for a nacho run any ol time!!!
Hey Kandice, you know I've always heard this too especially from my roommates in SLC who wasn't from Utah. Now that I don't live in Utah anymore I do see a difference somewhat! I see the difference more in the Youth in the ward. I teach Beehives and I can't believe the knowledge these girls have about the gospel. Way more than I did thats for sure at that age! My personal thoughts about it though is I really think it depends on the ward. The first ward I lived in when I got married was amazing! The Bishop was more like a father to me than my own dad. And Everyone was like a big family and that was in Taylorsville Utah. Now in Missouri everyone is still very sweet and nice but I don't think the bishop has ever even tried to get to know Rob and I. There's just a different feeling...But then again I don't think we really fit in, in that ward because we live in the richest part of st. louis and then here we are living on student loans! : ) But the sense about leaving Vernal. It was super nice to leave Vernal! At least for me! I had to many bad memmories that's even still hard for me to go to Vernal! But that's what drove me out as soon as I could leave! But I hope you can find a place that you feel comfortable and get the experience that your looking for! We love ya of course! : )
I'm so glad I read your blog today...first of all i agree with you about Kris. He is hilarious, I hope all goes well for him.
And second, I have been struggling lately with a couple of my "friends" here. After traveling so much I was excited to settle down back home again, and go to school and be back in Utah. But seriously it was like church was the loneliest place in the whole state. And this is going to be totally obvious to you but I'm coming to find out that there truly is good and bad everywhere and I just have to count my blessings for people like you who are so sweet and kind and not let others drag me down to their level. I love hearing your thoughts on things. And ps, I need a cute swimming suit. Do you have anything in green? :)
You are amazing! I am so grateful for your honesty in your blogs... you say the things the rest of us aren't brave enough to say. I loved reading about the birth of your sweet babies- it gives me hope. I have enjoyed getting to know you better- and I hope to become better friends.
Hey girl,
It's funny that I read this today of all days. I just finished unpacking my last box from my container from NZ!! Can I just say, i never want to move like that again!!!!!!!! It was so much work and STRESS!!! And of all people you know I'm the last one to say that I miss little ol' Vernal!! I have brought a hand full of pics with me in my travels from high school and my earlier days, I made sure that everyone that has left an imprint in my life is included in these pics. Of course you are included. Anyway, just last night I was looking at these pics and man I miss you and the girls. New friends will never be like old friends. They don't know me like you all know me and although I'm probably not the same person anymore, you know what I was like and can understand me more than my friends over here. Sorry I just talked too long. Listen I just wanted to let you know that no matter where I live I always think of you and miss you like crazy.
luvs n hugs,
toya
Post a Comment