Friday, April 11, 2008

My new adventure!




WOW~! Is all I can say. I have a little story to tell that involves lots of details, but I will make it as snappy as I can. After one of my more recent posts about money, I prayed so hard that I could know what to do to bring a little extra in. My thoughts kept going to my friend Jocelyn’s blog. She had posted her 5 favorite things, or something like that. One of them was her Modbe Jeans. I had heard of the company before, but thought it had kind of disappeared. Well, I could not get my mind off it, so I decided it must be a sign.

I called Jocelyn the next day, and she told me a lot more about it. I called her friend Cassie from St. George who is a consultant for the Modbe company. I made phone calls to everywhere trying to figure out if it was something I could or should do.

Let me just say, I am the worst salesperson ever. Don't get me wrong, I can do fine running a business, and the logistics of it all, I just don’t like to pressure people to do anything. I need a product that sells itself, rather than me being an annoying salesperson pressuring people to buy things they don’t want to. I am also one of the most cautious people I know, especially when it means becoming involved financially, emotionally, time wise, energy wise, etc. G.J. and I thought good and hard about this, and decided it was something I could do.

I contacted the main office in Orem, and they told me I was the first person to sell it in Vernal. Which is good for me since we don’t have that many clothing choices here.

So here’s the basic info. The company is called Modbe, most people have probably heard about it. It offers modest, high quality, good priced- shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, and probably their most popular stuff right now is their awesome swimsuits. They are SO cute. The shirts are long and cover very well. The pants come up higher, so you don't show "crack" if ya know what I mean. They offer sizes for little girls, starting at size 8. They offer women’s sizes from XS, clear up to XXXL.

I am having my first party on April 26th (Saturday) at my house. It will be an open house from 12-4. One of the top women of the company is coming out from Orem to help me, and maybe even Cassie, clear from St.George. Anyone and everyone who reads this is invited to come, and bring a friend too. I just want to spread the word so people will know that I am doing it. I will also send invites to as many people that I can think of when it gets a little closer. In the meantime, if you would like to look or order, or if you are from out of town I have a website. It is www.kandice.mymodbe.com . The only way to order is through my website or from one of my parties. You are all welcome to spread the word any way you like, and give my website out. Thank you SO much.

So, I guess wish me luck on this whirlwind adventure I am starting. I am cautiously optimistic, but really excited. Thank You, and have a great day!

p.s. I might not be blogging nearly as often while getting this up and running, so stay tuned, it will settle down shortly and I will get back into my normal blogging routine. Thanks again Jocelyn, for this inspiration!!!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Briana said...

You will do great at it! I am excited for you!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Congrats. What an adventure. I am sure you will do great. I would love to buy something for summer. I will look on your website. Have a great day.
Megan

The McClellan Clan said...

thanks so much, I can't tell you how excited I am for you! You will love it. I don't mind coming to some parties and telling people how cute they look. Don't worry I won't lie. I won't have to. honestly I have seen woman every shape and size and I haven't seen one person look bad, I promise!!!
Good luck. You'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesenia said...

I love modbe, I just went to a party and bought myself a new swimming suit. I can't wait for it to get here. I want some jeans, so I will just wait and order them from you. Good Luck!! You will do great!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I want and new swim suit, new jeans, new tops, and I want them today, is that ok? JK
Can't wait for the party.. I am saving my penny's

galleygrapevine said...

I would love to check it out. Shae needs a suit that will "cover" ALL that she has. I'm excited for you! Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Kandice I am so glad that your selling this clothing brand they have such cute clothes!! I think my sister in law and I are planning on coming to the party. Good Luck

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Hey! I'm so excited for you! I have been looking at your website and I love a lot of stuff. Now I just have to work on Brian so he'll give me some money. I might even be in town on April 26th (my cousin is getting married the day before). If I am, I will definitely come to the party so I can see some stuff before buying.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

I went to your webpage and I really liked the swimsuits! I'll have to talk Rob into letting me buy one! : ) By the way thanks for your comments on my blog about Patience! She is doing much better!

Anonymous said...

I love Modbe! You will do great, I'm sure. My favorite clothing item in the whole world is my Modbe Flirt Skirt. I don't think they sell it anymore, but it's the best!! Good luck to you!!