
I have decided to hop onto the weight loss bandwagon once again. I posted last spring some time about wanting to get going again, but then I kind of got lost in doing things for my family, church, etc…and losing weight was not part of that. Unfortunately, in that span of time from then until now, I packed on 19 LBS!!! EEK-I know…makes me sick to think of it. I have struggled with migraines worse than ever in those months that I gained the weight. All the switching of medicines and tests and trial and error of treatment literally wreaked havoc on my body. I finally found a Dr. who was wonderful to work things out with me with much less medication, and now I can get to work because it is no fun to be fat! Not to mention I am an anti-pill taker, so the less medication, and hopefully the less headaches, the much happier I can be.
I went back to trusty ol’ Jean-Marie Anderson’s nutrition class last week. She is such a kook, but I love her! I love that she basically teaches the word of wisdom diet plan. You eat everything in moderation, and none of the crazy freak diet plans that requires starving, pills, potions, or any other weird thing. She encourages 30 min of exercise 5 days a week. I have found that I can *gasp* actually jog a few miles on the new treadmills at the Rec. Center without killing over dead! What’s better is that it truly works. The first time I took her class, I lost 30 + lbs. I need to lose that 19 that I gained back, plus another 5 to be where I want to. After that, I hope and pray and plan on never getting fat again! We shall see…stay tuned.
So, as part of my motivation, I am going to have weigh in Wednesdays. Of course I will not tell you my weight, but I will say how much I lost in the prior week. My diet class is on Tuesday nights, so Wednesday mornings I will provide an update. So hooray, I had good luck last week. I lost 5 ¼ lbs. in one week! Only 18 ¾ lbs until my goal.
I also entered a contest with my friend Kyndi. We put money in and then each month the “biggest loser” so to speak gets a portion of the pot depending on weight, inches, or a total combination of both lost. That gives me even more motivation!
So wish me luck-and send me skinny thoughts and wishes! Have a great day!
13 comments:
Yay for you! Good luck with that.. that's awesome you lost so much in one week.... you'll look perfect in your modbe swimsuits this year! :)
Good luck! I've taken Jean-Marie's class before too, and she is great! Sounds like you're already doing a great job!
good job, I'm impressed 5 lbs in a week. I wish I could start the weight loss plan, hopefully in a few months. How are things going? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while, well have to have one of our chats sometime. Take care, and keep motivated I know that you can do it!!! ;)
Holy cow!! I better step it up a notch so that we can BOTH win the pot...I only lost 4 lbs last week!! But Congrats to you-all my skinny thoughts are being used at the moment, but if I get some extra then I'll send them your way-seriously, keep it up-you're doing great!!
Yeah for you. I started Jan, focusing on eating right and exercising 30 minutes bike and 30 minutes elliptical. I was a hit or miss until the past two weeks. Now I have also added to that the C25K program (email me if you want it) but its a 9 week program because you only run three days a week so. I am committed to 6 days a week of running and 5 days a week at Bally's. I am down 6 pounds. I hope to loose 45 pounds and run a half marathon for my 45th birthday year. So I am with ya. I have a better health blog but its private. If you want though as encouragement, I can add you to the email mailing. let me know.
AND good for you.Keep it up.
Haha I'm proud of you. I need to get serious. I love walking on my treadmill but I need to just get a better lifestyle/habits of eating. I will secretly wish you win the pot each month. Good luck!
Good for you! I too need to jump on that same wagon. I do really good for a while and then I lose my motivation. Best of luck to you and hopefully you can inspire me.
Holy crap 5 pounds in one week is amazing! That is so great, and I'm so glad to hear you're doing it the healthy, and smart way. I go crazy listening to other people's crazy schemes! Good luck, you'll do awesome!
After I have the baby I am definitely doing her class again. It is so good and she is so entertaining. Gotta love Jean Marie. GOod luck!!
I love the "Jean Marie Diet plan" It's so reasonable and makes so much sense. Good luck it sounds like you are doing awesome with an over 5lb weight loss! Can’t wait to hear how next week goes.
Yeah for Jean Marie. I just started her up again too. Except of course I am all on my own, no class and no JM to lecture me. I am trying with out all the paper work and all that non-sense, but if I find I am not staying on track I will start wrighting it all down again. I will be looking forward to your Wed Weigh in. Good luck.
I hope you win all the money... ;)
GOOD LUCK!
The picture reminds me of someone - hmmmmm? ME????? Good luck! Do some for me too! Love ya!
Post a Comment