Thursday, January 8, 2009

The not so girly Hallie


It was always my dream when I was little to have a little girl that would love dolls, pink, clothes, being girly, dancing, and everything that came a long with being a girl. Well, although I have the cutest, sweetest, smartest, and best little girl ever-she doesn't love the typical girly things.
While other little girls love dolls and Barbies, Hallie loves art, Nintendo, Littlest Pet Shop, and animals. Other little girls love dancing; Hallie says "it hurts." Other little girls drool over things like Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and Jonas Brothers...Hallie could care less.
A few months ago, my mom took Hallie into the Gap and told her to pick out ANYTHING she wanted. Well guess what they left with....NOTHING. She "doesn't like new clothes." She could care less what I dress her in. I of course use that to my advantage and I dress her as cute as I want...matching, coordinating, and do her hair to match. She never complains, and for that I am so lucky.
Well, we have had a switcheroo! She has started to worry about her hair. We go to leave our house and she looks in the mirror, combs her hair, puts on lip-gloss, and tries to coordinate her own outfits. I found out that size XXS in Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Abercrombie fit her. Forgive me for being trendy, but when they have sales, I can get her way cute stuff cheaper there than I can at places like Old Navy and even Wal-Mart. I bought her 8 shirts for $50 the other day. I let her wear one for the first time today and she said, "I look really cute today don't I mom!?"
It has always been my goal to let her know how beautiful and special she is. Even if she doesn't like shopping or clothes like me, even if she doesn't like to dance like I did...she is special in her own way, and that is all that matters! So no matter what she does, what she wears, or how she acts, she will always be my one and only precious little girl. I love her so much.

9 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

Oh that cute! Sounds like Hallie is growing up and hitting a new stage.

Nathan and Shanna said...

Hallie sounds an awful like my MaKelle! I love it though, I never was really a girly girl either.

Leisa said...

Hallie is so cute, even if she doesn't want to be a girly girl! My Caitlin is like that too. I am still waiting for her to decide that "girls stuff" is okay!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I loove all the little stuff from those stores. I bet Hallie looks so cute. You should post some pictures of her in her new clothes!

Candace and Brian said...

You are so lucky to have her too. She is darling....and animals and Little Pet Shop is still girly. :) That's cute she is starting to care-she'll always appreciate you had her looking her best too.

Kelli said...

I want 8 shirts for 50 bucks! Just and FYI, we were at joanns fabrics the other day and I let B&K pick out tin hears. Bridger picked out high school musical. hehe. Please dont tell my oldest son he did that, he might knock him for a loop. But its ok that kids are different and WHO THEY ARE. fun huh.

Josh and Kristen said...

You are such a good mom. All little girls need a mom that will teach them what you are trying to teach Hallie.

The Durham Family said...

I have a Madi just like her! Madi is just way picky about clothes - not that they need to be trendy - just comfy - same with her hair! She still doesn't like girly stuff though! Oh well - she is after all - MY DAUGHTER!!! Have a great day!

The McClellan Clan said...

hey girl, will you tell lindsey to patch me through

jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com

THanks my dear!!