Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Georgie!

Today is my Georgie's 27th Birthday. It suddenly struck me today that we are getting old. I know, I know, 27 is not old...but-it is a lot closer to 30 than 20, and I think that is really what gets me.
We went to dinner last night with our neighbors/friends Candace and Brian and their sweet little guy Jhett. G.J. just loves babies, and especially him, he is so cute! We came back to our house for cake and ice cream and sat on the floor and let Jhett play with a huge bin of baby toys that we had saved. My kids enjoyed the baby toys as much or more than him!
Today G.J. had the "church flu" lol. He stayed home with the kids and I went to church because the kids all have Fifth's Disease...read here if you want to know what is http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/fifth.html. He thought we better not take them to church because they all have rosy yucky looking cheeks, so he gladly chose to stay home with them.
We had a nice day with beautiful rain, and then TONS of snow. It was great. My mom cooked him a nice steak dinner, and we had cake and ice cream round 2 with my brother and his family and my parents.
I love you G.J.! I love your nice hair, beautiful green eyes, nice white straight teeth, beautiful olive/tan skin, and your nice butt! What I love even more is how good you are to me, and for the great dad you are. You are genuinely a great person, and I am so lucky you snatched me up for a wife. Happy Birthday!!!

Just a few pictures. Some of the kids in the snow...before it actually snowed, some from the party last night, and some from tonight (I stole the cute one of Jhett, Hallie and Brian off Candace's blog. thanks!!)




2 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Happy Birthday GJ! I asked Brian if he saw GJ at church today and he said, "no maybe because it's his birthday he made the choice to stay home to take care of the kids." Hahaha. We had a really good time last night and enjoyed being at your house. You guys are an amazing family and we have had fun getting to know you more. I too think GJ's a great guy....though I have to say I've never looked at his butt!! Haha. TTYL!

Hillary said...

Too sweet!! Sounds like a great birthday. And I know what you mean about suddenly feeling old, that 30 thing is gonna be hard in a few years!