This is what we woke up to. You can't really tell what it is because it is all so white. This pictures is from our garage. That is 15+ inches of snow piled up with huge drifts behind it. The background is a sea of white and blowing snow.
The kids bus was 25 minutes late. They got allllll the way to school, then I noticed on the school's website that school would be canceled. They are staying for a half day, then all loading up and coming home. How silly is that. Even Gavin gets to stay. He usually comes home by 11:45 but they are only making one trip home with all the kids on the bus at 12:50.
The last snow day I remember was back when I was in 6th grade. That was 15 years ago. It takes something major to make them call off school here. I think the 15+ inches of snow and the 3-4 foot snow drifts caused by the 50 mph winds, snapping tree branches, and 0 degree temperatures finally did it!
I am so excited...I know-cheesy. But I finished all my house cleaning and laundry and I am excitedly waiting for the kids to get home so we can have hot cocoa and play! Who knows when or if this will ever happen again in their school age years, so we have to make it fun.
Happy Snow Day!!!
15 comments:
This snow is sooo crazy! In your picture it looks like someone has already plowed your snow...LUCKY! One thing great about the kids staying half a day is that it gets to count as a full day of school and they wont have to make it up later or go to school on a day that they should have had off. So that's a good thing. Have a great Monday with your kids!
Now that is a reason to close school.
Just move to Kentucky and it will happen once a week. Seriously, it gets so old. I don't get the half day. Why send them in the first place? We have a website we check nightly to check and see if schools os closed or not. The above comment is so true, at least they wont have to make up today. Taylor already had four days she has to make up. UGH UGH UGH
I'm not having such a happy attitude about it thus far...I spent over an hour and a half digging us out and for what? To drive to the end of my driveway?? The snow plows haven't made it our way yet and my drifts cover the back of my car-not getting much farther than the end of the driveway, I guess. And my kids aren't old enough to enjoy it much-but seriously, you have a good attitude and make things so great for your family, good job and have tunz of fun!!
I remember having that snow day too. I was already home sick for the day. That's why I remember-huge disappointment. I'm glad you were motivated even with the snow. I wasn't. 3 loads of laundry is all I've been able to accomplish. Then Jhett & I have been lounging and playing toys. :) I was laughing at GJ plowing. He looked like he was having a little bit too much fun.
the buses were out and then they canceled school so weird. Send the snow here! I so love it and can not get enough. My laundry is done Yippee.
It is fun to have a day that is not the ordinary. My kids have been playing in the snow all afternoon.
Fun day! A couple of weeks the schools here closed down from two inches of snow. I was flabbergasted. To add to it, the people here don't have the slightest clue how to drive in weather at all. lol
I'm glad you made the snow day fun for the kids. I'm sure they will remember it for a long time :)
As soon as my mom found out there was a snow day she called me. Because they get snow days in Pittsburgh all the time. We even had church canceled two weeks ago. And don't get me wrong, we don't very much snow here. There was only maybe 2 inches and they canceled school and church. We think that it is pretty funny. Although it is a litlle different here because of the humidity it makes the snow a lot more wet and then it freezes and there is lots of ice. Anyways, I am glad that you got to have a snow day.
I think everyone in Vernal did a snow day post! LOL! I know my kids thought they would like being out of school and then they got put to work. LOL!
This has nothing to do with the snow.. . but did you find some place to print your blog book? I've been wanting to do mine but have been trying to find someone who has at least experienced a place before I have them do it.....Let me know what you did! :)
I don't every remember a snow day in Vernal...it was way weird! They should have at least kept the ids after they already had them there...but oh well we made it a lazy day!
I had a DR. apt. at 9:00 in the morning. If you could have seen me out there scraping the foot of snow off my truck with a big prego belly and 2 kids crying in the background. I'm sure you would have been very entertained. By the time I was done my hair was soaking wet from the wind blowing snow everywhere and I had black makeup running down my face I looked really pretty.
I know crazy stuff!! Isn't it funny how we remember that snow day. I totally remember it too!! Good job taking pictures of it. I totally wanted to, but I was to whoosy, cause it was TO cold!!
Snow day, every kids dream!
It was way crazy!! I was going to head back to Logan after my Dr's appt but decided to wait a day.
Post a Comment