Monday, January 12, 2009

Boring old Me.

I haven’t had a single blog-worthy event lately…Things last week went as follows:
Woke up, got Hallie and Gavin on the bus, me and Kayler ate breakfast, Played, Ate lunch, had naps (Every day, even me! I know-shocker), ate dinner, had baths, practiced piano (Hallie), did schoolwork, said prayers, went to bed…That was repeated 5 times. Even Saturday was very boring. I guess I should be thankful right??? Sunday was a little more eventful. We went to church...9 a.m sure is hard. The kids were HORRIBLE...seriously, they were so naughty. It just happened to be Ward Conference, and we were up front, so the Stake Presidency got to see us all at our worst...fun, fun. We had a nap...that is the best thing about 9 a.m. church, the nap after is so refreshing. Then we went to my parent's for dinner. That is our week in a nutshell.
The only exciting thing that I have to blog about is that we are going to Disneyland!!!

We received some very very unexpected Christmas money. We saved 3/4 of it, and are using the rest to go to Disneyland. We aren’t going until Feb 24th-28th though. We got an amazing deal on airfare, and got an amazing package put together that included transfers to the hotel (Paradise Pier-right in California Adventure) 4 nights at the hotel, 4 day tickets to Disneyland, and all our food, plus a $150 gift card to the gift shops for souvenirs! I even lucked out when I booked us an evening at Medieval Times. It was pretty pricey, but I found a coupon code at retailmenot.com that was 2 for 1, and it worked. So hooray-½ price is great!
We couldn’t be more excited. We have NEVER been on a family vacation. This will be our first, except we are leaving Kayler home with my mom. I know it sounds mean, but Disneyland with him would be hell, and he wouldn’t enjoy it, and neither would we. We will take him when he gets older.
We had decided not to tell Hallie and Gavin about it until sometime in February, but Hallie saw some papers, and heard me talking about it. It was so sad, she said, “why are you talking about Disneyland, you know we don’t have money for things like that.” I feel bad that we have ruined her idea of fun things because she worries about money, just like us. She even told Gavin that he couldn’t go to the Dinosaur Museum here in Vernal for his Birthday because, “she was sure it costs too much money.” We had to have a talk to her about money…hopefully she isn’t scarred for life. Finally we just told them, and they were so cute and excited. I hope we have lots of fun!
So even though I am bored, I will take it as it is. Quiet times are the best, and I’m sure hectic things are just around the corner. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Slow weeks can be a good thing to get caught up on some much needed rest! I'm still waiting for things to slow down so I can have some down time! We went to Disneyland for Christmas and had a blast! You guys will have so much fun, and Hallie and Gavin are the perfect ages, they'll love it!

The McClellan Clan said...

I'm so happy for you. I think Hallie will be in heaven, even if she isn't into princesses!! That will be awesome for you guys! We're going about 2 months later!! They will love it!!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

I'm still waiting for my down time to come. We need to talk Nathan into going to Disneyland, for some reason he has no desire to go. I'm so excited for you guys!

Hillary said...

So fun! I would love to go to Disneyland! I have never been. And what a killer deal! I don't think it's mean to leave Kayler if you think he would hate it, besides, staying with Grandma is as good as Disneyland anyway!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh yes, I agree, Don't take Kayler. I don't think it is mean at all. We didn't take Morgan when we went to Disney World last March and I didn't regret it at all. I wish we could go with you. That would be so fun. Morgan it at the perfect age now, I know she would be good and love every min of it. Taylor was to scared to ride anything and that drove be bonkers. At the age of two, I think Morgan would have gone on more rides then Taylor. Oh well.. Have fun, you guys totally deserve it. You both work so hard for your family. Time to reap the benefits.

Candace and Brian said...

YEAH@!!!!! Disneyland is my favorite place EVER. I keep bugging Brian asking him when we are going to go. It's been way boring here too. I've been taking advantage to read books even though I know there is always a need to clean and organize I've been doing what has to be done and then just relaxing. Maybe we should create something exciting together. ;) Talk to you soon!

Josh and Kristen said...

Yea for Disneyland. That will be so much fun for you guys. I am way jealous. Maybe one of these days we will be able to go.

Brett and Diane said...

Disneyland how fun! When are you going? That's awesome that you found all that stuff at a deal score for you! I'm going to check out that website you mentioned. Thanks!

Kelli said...

http://www.ridemax.com/ for 15.00 you can tell all the rides or attractions you want to see and it will plan it out so you only have a 5 or 10 minute wait in EACH line. Its so worth it. I am so happy for you guys. I havent useed ridemax but Kevins niece has. And isnt that pres weekend, I have gone then and its some what busy. so try it. you might as well get the most out of your trip and least lines.