Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Keep on Keepin' On.

The New Year’s Resolution God’s are going to strike me dead after this post….I am not a big resolution maker. Here is why. First off, did you realize that 90% of resolutions are *gasp* forgotten…..by the 2nd week in January. (I read an article on that…those are real statistics….) I am not one to set myself up for failure; no one wants to be a loser, so why allow that to happen?
I admit, I have made resolutions every year, but this year I refuse to. I know what I need to change. I know what I want to be different. I also know how to achieve it.
So my “resolution” so to speak, is to just keep trying. I have so many things that I would like to change or be different, but I also know that the path to getting things my way isn’t always going to be easy. I just want to grasp the realization that even though the road won’t always be peachy, I just need to keep on trying. Instead of giving up, I need to have the attitude that I have a fresh day every day, and I can start over any time I want.
So, wish me luck -on whatever it might be- that I am trying to achieve. Just like my title says, Keep on Keepin' On-whatever that means!!! Have a great day!
p.s. I really hope I didn't offend anyone by my negativeness about resolutions. I know that many of you are a lot more positive and strong willed than me, and can keep resolutions and be very successful, you are awesome....don't get me wrong. I really do enjoy reading about everyone's goals and success.
p.s.s. I am a stinker and I took my cast off for a little bit to let my arm "air out" It is a hard cast, but it is split down the middle so that I can take it off (with some work)...they should have done the permanent one, because I knew I couldn't keep it on long. Look at the nasty bruise....

as I push submit on this post I am heading over to my neighbor Candace's to have her wrap it up so G.J. doesn't catch me with it off....

12 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...

I think the picture on your blog with your cast off is getting caught in a way isn't it? Anyway I love your honesty in your posts and could never be offended by what you say because that is just you and how you are! I only set goals to help me "keep on keepin on"! I am fortunate to have met you!

Kandice said...

hehe. I guess that is true right. G.J. reads this blog...but he is always good to forgive me!

Janice {Run Far} said...

how do you take a cast off for a little bit? It must not be a hard cast, that is what I had invisioned in my mind.
I don't do resolutions either. I am just STILL trying, that is all any of us can do.

Kelli said...

GJ reads your blog, he will know and SHAM ON YOU. I was awake the other night and was thinking. The doc said you could loose your arm if you didnt go to the ER and you didnt, what were you thinking? you wouldnt be able to blog very well with only one hand. Or cook dinner for your dinner club, bunco would be harder. You have so much to do, what about spring cleaning with only one arm? I might have to come ring your neck. You know I am giving you a hard time. Hugs. That bruse looks horrible. I cant imagine the fall, hows the leg?

Kandice said...

to answer janice's question, it is a hard cast, formed to my arm, but it is split to where I can take it off....thank goodness! :)

Kyndi said...

Ouch! I ran into my end-table and cried for hours and I don't even have a bruise to show off!! I'd be for leaving that baby on and getting all the sympathy I can...and all the healing, ya dingbat!!

The Durham Family said...

I am SO SORRY!!! Your arm looks so sad! Glutton is the word, I believe! You and me both! We just have to stick together!

Anonymous said...

LOL, you are so funny! I don't blame you for taking it off, I would to! As for resolutions, meh...I have already broken mine! HA HA

Candace and Brian said...

I make resolutions every year.....and never make them. But it's always a good thought. :) Your poor arm. I couldn't believe it yesterday. I hope it heals quickly. You're doing awesome so just keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine!

Kassi Luck said...

I am with you. I didn't set any resolutions either. I usually do good for a month and then I forget about it. I am so sorry about your arm. It looks like it hurts. You better take care of it.

The McClellan Clan said...

You little fart!! Get that cast back on!! You're living on the wild side! And that is dangerous.
I always try to make a new years resolution but soon forget about it. HOpefully this year I won't cause Mine is to learn to quilt. But I do usually forget about mine the 2nd week and then later in the year, I'll say Oh Ya That Was My New Years Resolution. Its stupid. So just don't set one then you don't have to let yourself down! ;)

Cassie said...

I can't believe you are taking off your cast!! You better keep it on! I totally don't blame you though, I have never had a cast. I can't even imagine, I would feel dirty and itchy...yuck.
That bruise looks terrible.