First off, thank you SO much for everyone who took the time to leave such heartfelt, supportive, and truly kind comments. I was brought to tears each time I read them, and it meant so much to know that I have so many friends in so many places that care about what I am going through-and who took the time to tell me it.
We did decide to send the letters. G.J. set me in my place. He knew we had already prayed and pondered about sending them, and had gotten an answer that it was right, and for me to let the opinions of my mom change my mind wasn’t the right thing to do. I can truly say that I am nervous for everyone to get them tomorrow, yet hopeful, and I think it will be good in the end.
I think I had a hard time in the first place because I love and value my mom so much. She is one in a million. It is funny because she is not the normal cookie making, lovey dovey, hold you and let you cry, sugar and spice, sweet mom. She is a say it how it is, critical, bossy, sometimes overbearing, yet truly a wonderful mom. Isn’t it funny how that works out? She would do anything for me, and I would for her. I guess my whole life I have strived for her approval, and even after 26 years of not getting that no matter how successful I have been, I still hope for that to come sometimes. At my worst times when I need someone to tell me that what I am doing is right and good and to hold me close and let me cry…she is not the one to go to. That is what I have my husband for. That is what I have good friends for. I need to realize that and move on. She is the one that is there for me all the other times, and for that, I truly do love and cherish what we do have as mother and daughter.
G.J. and I have decided to try to go with nursery with Kayler once again, and see if that helps. If it does not help, we will take the next step and talk to the bishop. We have a truly wonderful bishop who is kind, caring, and very in tune with the spirit. I will be honest; church sucks….even for me as an adult. Is that terrible to say? But, I also hold true to the quote, “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.” I also have never been a quitter. I believe in sticking in for the long haul, no matter how hard it might be…so for those two reasons, we will not stop going to church, nor will we make Kayler stop going to church. With patience and faith, it will get better. I just know it. In the small fleeting moments that the spirit touches us or even Kayler (or our other kids)…those are the moments when we learn and grow, and that is what is so great about our church.
I just need to add that I know that I am not unique in any way shape or form with my struggles with my kids. I know that while my struggles with Kayler might be different from someone else, the fact is, motherhood is not easy in any way…it is not meant to be easy. I look at some peoples’ lives and just cringe and become very grateful for the life I live very quickly. I would not trade my problems for the much more significant things that others go through. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side, that is a big lesson we should all learn.
I am very blessed to have a husband who loves and supports me. I have 3 beautiful children that are healthy, happy, funny, and special to me. My family will be together forever. On a smaller scale…this winter has not been NEAR as bad as last winter. The mild temperatures, sunshiny skies, and melting snow have done wonders for my attitude. Pair that with the gospel, my wonderful friends, neighbors, and family, and I have a lot to be thankful for.
Thank you all again, and have a wonderful weekend!
8 comments:
I think you made the right choice by sending the letters. Parents will be more tolerant and understanding if they know what is going on. I have to agree with you on both of you keep attending church and taking Kaylor with you. You are doing an awsome job as a parent! He is a very luck little boy to have you for a mom!
You guys are just awesome. YOU are the mother to your children and the lord has given you a special intuition that only a mother can have. Keep pushing along and know that when you can't do it any more, that is when the savior steps in to carry you. You guys are so great!
I am so glad you have GJ, he will keep you on the right track. hehe. Have a wonderful weekend.
Wow.
I don't even know what to say.
I am a couple of days behind on reading blogs and I just got all caught up on yours.
Poor Kayler. He is such a good, sweet, beautiful, funny quirky, silly, happy little boy and it is so sad that he is having these issues. Nobody wants to be classified as a "monster" or "brat." And he is so ISN'T those terrible things. As a friend, I have seen every side of him. Freak out tantrums, happy go-lucky, and obsessive over a particular toy. He is precious. He is just like all of us.... struggling to find himself in this crazy world. Unfortunatly for him, he is so young he just doesn't understand it all. I 100% agree that sending the letters was the right thing to do. You guys are doing such a great job with him. He ended up with your guys as his parents for a reason. It was no accident. As his mom, you are the one who REALLY knows him. FIGHT YOUR BUTT OFF FOR HIM!!!!! You guys are all he has. He is so special and truly so lucky.
I teared up through both of these posts. And now I am really getting after it with this comment. :) I feel so strongly about this!!!! Kandice, you are amazing. GJ, I know you will read this.... YOU TOO, are AMAZING!!!
Keep it up. You will be rewarded for being such great parents.
I love you!!!!!!
Hey Kandice - look on my blog - you have been tagged!! I couldn't remember if you had done this one!!
I hadn't read the post before until now-I think that the letter was great. If my child were in nursery with Kayler, it would be so helpful to me, and I think give greater understanding and compassion. You are a great mom!
You guys are such WONDERFUL parents!! Sorry it took me so long to respond kinda behind on Blogger but you are such a great mom and I think it amazing that you sent out the letters. Your kids are very lucky to have you and GJ as parents. Good Luck!
Marlie
You are such a great mom Kandice! Kayler, Hallie, and Gavin are so blessed to have you! What an example of "sticking to it"! That will bless them so much especially later in their lives! Thanks for letting GJ come last night. Jared really enjoyed it. I hope GJ did too. Jared said it reminded him of the good old Coke days. Now we need to have our turn!!!
Post a Comment