
But, it has to be much simpler, has to fold, and most importantly, has to be in the theme of this-because he is obsessed with him:

Gavin will be easy. He doesn't know it yet, but this is what he is getting:

He always steals Hallie's, so I know he will love it. The only challenge will be for me to find games that I approve of, that are educational, and that he will be able to do on his own.
Hallie....oh my sweet Hallie. She has never loved baby dolls, barbie dolls, or anything like that. She is still very girly, and loves dress up, makeup, jewelry, etc. She said she wants an "inventor kit". Well, what the heck is that, and what the heck is she going to "invent." Ohhhh the drama. I was thinking of having Santa see if he could put together some little building sets like these:



I think she will be able to invent and build to her little heart's content with all these, so we will see.
I hate feeling so stressed already. I swear every year that I will not do it. I think that it stems from the fact that my childhood was filled with very special memorable Christmases. Not only for the spirit, but for the wonderful gifts and special things that I received and that my mom helped me give. I just want my kids to have the same.
It never fails that around this time each year, our savings is pretty low, huge bills hit, the car needs repairs, etc. I HATE putting Christmas on a credit card, and this year I refuse to do so. I always get so worried, but something ALWAYS works out, and I guess I just have to depend on that this year too.
For the first time in my married life, I actually want/need something for Christmas. The past 8 Christmases I have just not wanted or asked for anything. This year, I guess I am being selfish, but here is MY wish list for once. I really want some food storage. My parents usually give us a gift card to Costco, so hopefully I can stock up. Next, a few weird things: new bathroom rugs, and a new kitchen faucet. I really really want a new sewing machine. My hand-me-down from Mandy has finally pooped out, and I am so sad. It's not like I sew that often, but I really like having one around.
So anyways, there is my first Christmas drama story of the year. If you have any ideas for Hallie and Kayler's finds, please leave a comment or email me-since I know that is what everyone is dying to do...help with my Christmas lists! Thanks!!!
8 comments:
For little Kay:
Gav would be pretty envious of this.
Cars Track.
Cars Speedway.
Cars Dirt Track.
Cars Dragstrip.
For Hal:
She had a chance to get this this weekend but chose something else instead.
Something interesting but is pretty pricey.
Just a few quick ideas. Luvs.
Hey I am so glad I finally can view your blog!!! I love Christmas time but not for the gifts for everything else like the lights the music and temple square. Anyway I am sure your kids will love whatever you give them.
Ours is going to be very simple this year. I have always worked and saved my money for christmas, or to pay car insurance all at once or what ever (big bills) now that I am not working, we have nothing for christmas. AND i refuse to go into debt. ITs going to be sweet and simple. I have been buying a few things here and there but really they dont need anything
You are such a good mommy...I havn't even wanted to think about Christmas. I am sure you will choose just the right things!
Oh, I'm so glad Nevie can't really "ask" for anything for Christmas yet! I just get to get her things I think she'll like.
I love Hallie! She is so funny and smart. I love that she wants an inventor kit. I'll keep my eye out for something that might work.
Kandice I found a sweet website that might give you some ideas for Hallie.
http://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/toyshow/category.asp?id=86
They show all kinds of fun "inventive" things - like kits to make your own bubble gum, bouncy balls, grow a garden - seriously, I want some of the cool stuff there!
Good luck!
Oh my word, worry wart!! I bet whatever they get they will love!!!!! Everything will work out, and it seems that you have the COOLEST husband ever that totally has your back!!! Dont' worry!!
I think your ideas for Hallie are perfect so far. Check online at Target, they have the greatest stuff. And similar to what Lib is talking about, they also have like make your own nail-polish kits and stuff like that. I am so like you, the worry never ends! Sounds like you've done dang well so far though.
Post a Comment