Friday, November 7, 2008

Sick Sick Sick


Isn't that cartoon so true....lol
I have felt something coming on all week. I kept dreading this time of year, because I always get sick-and in all honesty, it is the only time of year I get sick.
When I was little, I had Rheumatic Fever. So the only lasting effects I have is that when the weather changes, or storms roll in, I can feel it because I get a headache, and my joints ache. G.J. makes fun of me because I always warn him the day before a storm that one is coming, and he never believes me, but I am always right. I could be the weather woman anyday!
Anyways, the biggest lasting effect of the fever is this time of year when winter blows in and the first snow comes. On Sunday I lost my voice, but Monday it was back. Monday brought a numb hand and achy body. Tuesday and Wednesday I really thought I was beating it. By Thursday afternoon I knew I was really coming down with something bad, and there was no escaping it.
This is all terrible timing for me to be sick. First off, all 4 of my grandparents that all live in this town are sick. My dad works all the time, and my mom had her gallbladder out on Tuesday. My in-laws are out of town. So there goes all my help. Sure, I know I have many many friends and neighbors who would more than willingly help out in any way, but I am so stubborn. Besides that, who really wants to be seen at their worst, and being all whiny and ornery and miserable. Along with having no help, I have SO much to do. I have a long list of stuff for church. I have a big Modbe party tomorrow. I am supposed to sing in another ward Sunday. The kids have a primary program. I have cleaning, laundry, the list never ends for a mom right?
This morning when I woke up, from the first step I took I knew it was not going to be a good day. I told G.J. he would have to stay home to help me. Well, just my luck he gets to work and the whole computer internet system is down, which means he will be very busy ALL day.
So, I got Kayler interested in cartoons, took like 3 hot baths, but could not escape the fever, chills, hot, cold, headache, stomachache, etc.etc.etc. I would go lay by him, and he would jump on me. I would close my eyes, and he would scream for me to wake up. By this time Gavin was home-and we were all hungry.
So I carried my sorry butt out to the car, and drove to McDonald’s. One funny yet very sad sign is what Kayler repeated over and over on the way the there was “Happy Meal, Happy Meal!” Is that a sign we go there too much? Anyways, all I saw that looked good was their pumpkin pie. It sounded absolutely delicious, and I never knew they had it. Well, I drove all the way home, opened my bag-and to my great disappointment, it was apple pie. There is nothing I hate worse than apple pie, yuck yuck yuck.
Well, just as I tried eating something else, Hallie came home. I looked at the calendar, realized she had piano lessons in 15 minutes. So I dragged us all back to the car, and took her there.
Luckily G.J. had a quick break so he went and picked her up. Even luckier, her sweet little friend MaKayla invited her over to play. Even more than that, Kayler fell asleep, and Gavin was building something in the basement and was so happy. I thought that this was my chance to have a rest. So I go to try and have a nap, and I could not fall asleep for the life of me. I had laundry to do, the phone kept ringing, I kept thinking of all I had to do, etc. I finally just said a big long very whiny prayer that I needed to get better and QUICK!
Well, this evening I can say that I am able to eat, not ache so bad, and I think I am going to live. I am really grateful that I never get sick any other time of year, but man I really hate this time of year. It has never failed that I get REALLY sick around this same time each year. I am so glad that G.J. is home to help me, so now I can collapse into the tub once again, and hope for a better day tomorrow. Hope you all stay well, and have a good weekend!

10 comments:

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Ugh...I'm so sorry!! Being a mom and being sick is THE WORST. There is no rest. :( I hope you get all the way better really soon! I wish I was there so I could take your kids.

Kelli said...

WOW, that is horrible sickness. I am grateful I hardly ever get sick, I just cant. On the other hand, if any of the kids look sideways that they might be getting sick, Kevin has it the next day. You would think working in a school he would be immuned to it all by now. I hope you feel better. I will include you in my chat with HF when I go whine at him later. Poor father to put up with all us whiners. hehe. Hope you feel better soon.

Leisa said...

Why is it so much worse when the mom is sick? I really meant what I said to you on the phone yesterday, I would love to watch your kids for you anytime! Just call. Hope you are feeling better today.

Lucky Me said...

I wonder how Kayler would do if you brought him here to play for a couple hours? Can we try it on Monday? I'll talk to you about it tomorrow. I wish I'd known you weren't feeling good when I was there on Thursday. I could have at least taken him with me for a little while. Hope your feeling better ;-@

Candace and Brian said...

Oh no....I am reading this long overdue when I should have been the neighbor bringing you pumpkin pie and watching cartoons with Kayler. I wish you would just call!!! I hope you are feeling better. Your kids were darling today in the program. I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while-maybe I'm getting to clingy to our phone calls. Talk to you soon.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Sorry your sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Janice {Run Far} said...

That Cartoon is funny. The weather here is so crazy, they say one day it is in the 20's and then the next day it can be up to 70, so people get sick alot with the inconsitency. I hope you and your kids stay healthy. How is Kayler?

Ben and Marcie said...

I'm sorry you're sick, that's no fun at all! I hope you get feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kandice for you comment so the benadryl and melatonin will help her sleep? and where do i get the melatonin I am at my witz ends here!!!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Hey...you haven't posted in awhile. HOpe you're doing okay!