Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Snow Funny

So this is what we woke up to today.

Although it is extremely beautiful, all I can say is YUCK. Last year we had the winter from Hell. It started in October, and didn’t end until May. We got cheated out of spring, had a short summer, an O.K. fall, and now winter is upon us once more. My kids were all SO excited. Kayler looked at it forever, he could not think of the word of “snow” and finally he just said, “I go play in that?”
I have a couple funny things about each of my kids. I will start with Hallie. She was SO interested in the election this year. Their school let them vote, and really got them involved. They wore Red, White, and Blue yesterday, and today they are having a party celebrating their freedom and our new president. We had a real time player on our computer last night that updated the results, and she could not be pulled away. Well finally I was getting a little concerned and I asked her who she voted for. She said, “I voted for McCain because a little boy at my school said Barack Obama kills babies.” I was like WHAT!?!?!?! Right after that her teacher called from school and told me the whole story-this was like at 8 p.m. I guess a little boy skipped class and hid by the bathrooms the whole day and told all the kids walking by they better vote for McCain because Obama kills babies. My poor sweet innocent little girl believed him. We had a good talk with her and assured her that Obama will be a good president, he will not kill babies, and that we need to pray to have the faith and courage to support him.
Next my little Gavin…He has an obsession, and it drives us ALL nuts. He is obsessed with any catalog that comes in the mail. His preference is the Oriental Trading magazine. He will literally look at it for hours. He memorizes it, can tell me where anything is, and of course wants it all. I have to hear several hundred times a day, "I want this, and this, and look at this...."I secretly throw them away, just for another one to arrive in the mail, and he digs them out of the trash. To make matters worse, my mom and mother in law save all theirs and give them to him. Oh well…keeps him busy and full of hope right?
For Kayler, the weak stomached need not read on. He has a new little habit that is absolutely disgusting. He picks his nose and eats it…Not only that, he picks his ears, eyes, and anything else and automatically eats it. He even makes smacking sound with his lips...oh yuck. Last night we went on a drive to get a Root Beer Freeze. I could tell he was picking his nose. I told G.J. to stop him before he ate it, but we were too late. When G.J. told him that was yucky, he very innocently held up his empty candy box and said, “its empty, all gone.” He was basically saying-hey…if my candy is all gone I have to eat something….lol. It grosses me out SO bad, but hopefully-as with all kids’ habits-this will pass soon.
Anyways-other than that, things are finally starting to slow down. I am truly enjoying the less busy days before the storm of the holidays comes in. I just thought I would record those few things. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I am so glad its you and not me. SORRY. I cant even remember the rest of your post. hehe OH beautiful SNOW. sorry you got it so early again. But it was beautiful.

Nathan and Shanna said...

When I woke up this morning I couldn't believe that we had snow. Good thing it was only a skiff and didn't last. I think most kids pick their nose at one point in their lives. I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the election.

Candace and Brian said...

I was thrilled with the snow today. I love fall but it looked beautiful and melted fast so I couldn't complain. Thanks for the chat on the phone today. Always good to just talk your ear off. Talk to you later!

Hillary said...

That booger story is hillarious!!! I am still laughing! Isn't it scary how fast kids are forced to grow up now? You handled it perfectly it sounds like! What a sweetie.

Janice {Run Far} said...

he he~ Sick~~~~

We are still in the 70's here. But this weekend it is suppose to rain

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I am not ready for the snow either. I am happy if it snows for Christmas and then warms right back up on January 1st.

Lucky Me said...

I don't mind if they pick, just do it in private and put it on a tissue. I haven't gotten to Desi quick enough a few times and it has gone in her mouth but usually she'll just hold out her goobied finger and say, "eeww yucky." that is my cue to get a tissue. They learn, eventually.

Stephanie said...

The same thing happened to me this year with the "baby-killer" thing. I never imagined I'd have to explain abortion to a 6 year old, but decided I would make it as clear as I could. I don't know if involving children so much in politics is such a good idea- history-yes but politics- I don't think so. PS- Your kids were adorable at the program today!