When I first heard that they were making a movie, I had mixed feelings. First off, I did not want the movie to mess up this magical scenery and story that I had created in my mind. I also didn’t want it to ruin how good the books were. Second off, I refused to be part of all the hype. I am an anti-trendy brat sometimes...lol. I don't even know how to text message very well, that is how bad I am. When it came to this movie, I was NOT going to wait hours for tickets, scramble to be the first one who saw it, or dress up…well-that all changed with one little phone call.
Tuesday afternoon, my cousin/friend Heather called and said she was in line for tickets and wondered if G.J. and I would like to go as a group with some other couples. Well, since we NEVER do that, I said yes. G.J. will kill me for saying this, but he was even more excited than me to go. He hadn’t even read the books, so guess what he did. He went to Wikipedia, read the whole synopsis, and was good to go, he knew as much about it as me!
Well, Heather also reminded me that I had a “shirt” that our other friend Shauna had made for us a few months ago. I will admit, I was embarrassed, so I wore it but I had a cute vest to go over it. 10 years ago, I would have cared less what people thought of me, but in my older and wiser age, I know better than to draw attention to myself.
Anyways, we met up for dinner with Heather & Eric, Shauna & Travis, Erin and Brian, Liz and Derrick, and met Brooke at the theater-she was a sport and saved our seats. We got there, and ummmmm we were the only ones dressed up. There were people taking our pictures to go home and show their family and friends what crazies we were. It was only a shirt…..but still. Here are some pictures:
(Yes, I know. I am the fattest, oldest (besides Erin), have the most kids, and the frumpiest....oh well!) Liz is missing from this picture. She had "gasp" forgotten her shirt and had to run and get it.
So, I had been so curious about how our theater could show the movie at 8 p.m. last night, when our ticket said 12:01 a.m. and the rest of the world had to wait. I hope they don’t get in trouble. I was glad I didn’t have to stay up too late though. Most of all, I was SOOOOO glad at how the movie turned out. The scenery was perfect, characters were perfect, and the emotions it brought about were very similar to when I was reading the book. I am also SO glad to have had my husband there. He was there to snuggle me, something that rarely happens at home, so it was nice. I think he was really hoping for some vampire lovin’, lol, but by the time we were home the mood had passed...for me at least!
This is one VERY random side note. I had been thinking about the author, and how she is a member of the church. I find it so so funny how the rest of the world shuns us as WEIRDOS…yet a very faithful member or “Mormon” wrote this amazing series in a tasteful way, and now it is a worldwide phenomenon. Not so “weird” if you ask me...just a thought.
As for being trendy...I DON'T CARE! I had fun-and that is a rare occasion!!! So, I hope all you other Twilight lovers can make it to the movie and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Have a great weekend!
p.s. If you want to enjoy a piece of the movie...I added 2 of the songs from it on my playlist. It is the top 2 songs.
10 comments:
Oh, darn it, I didn't see you there! I loved it too though, I thought it was so good! And don't be embarrased, I think those shirts are so cute!!
Okay so I was going to call you this morning and ask how it went but you answered my question.....now I'm anxious. You looked cute all dressed up. I love it!
I am glad you liked it and had fun. some of my friends and I are going the night before thanksgiving. You are so funny btw, dressing up and all. how fun!
I'm so sad that I wasn't there to go with you guys! (Although, there's no way Brian would have gone with me anyway). You guys looked way cute and compared to the pictures my friends took at the movie in Provo last night, you guys were NOT even dressed up. Everyone here was in full-on vampire gear! I haven't seen the move yet, but I'm excited!
I also just read your update on Kaylor. I'm glad he's talking more. That's so good. You're such a good mom, and you guys are still in my prayers.
Love ya!
I've got my ticket for tomorrow night!
I went yesterday-loved it!
I think the guy who played edward is ugly.. it is sad when you get to an age when the dad's are better looking then the main charecter.... hee hee.. but it was ok I didnt just LOVE it.. but I will still see the next one if they make one
I loved it too and even Jeff who had not read the books or cheated like GJ liked and said he looked forward to seeing the next movie. But he did decline the offer from me do download the rest of the books to his IPod so he could listen to them in his truck on his way to work.
LOVE IT!! Love the shirt, and you my dear look adorable!! It looks like you had fun!!
Love the shirts!!! I'm glad that you were able to go with G.J. Nathan really enjoyed it as well. :) Hope your Thanksgiving goes well. FYI we are going to that Las Vegas training the first week in December. I am so excited, we got Phantom of the Opera tickets!!:) I can hardly wait! Wish you guys were coming though :( Well I'll be thinking about you anyway! Take care!
Post a Comment