It is a good thing that I was not there...big dangerous dirty hills, campfires, and men and boys without their very wise women to guide them is not my idea of fun!
I don’t know if many of you have noticed my favorite quote on my sidebar. It reads:
"Life is like an old time rail journey-delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley (quoting Jenkin Lloyd Jones)
Well, that has proved so so true for me lately. The past few months have been filled with “delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts.” I will not bore you with the details, because my struggles are not unique in any way, and I am not alone. I just have been missing the part about being grateful to the lord for letting me have this ride that we call “life”, and quite frankly, I have been miserable lately.
So I mentioned that Hallie was at a sleepover, and the boys were having fun, I on the other hand, went somewhere that was SO needed-the temple.

I was looking forward to going almost as much as the first time that I went there almost 8 years ago. G.J. and I try to go at least once a month, but for some reason this time I just wanted to go alone. Our temple is so beautiful, unique, and we are so very lucky to have it so close by. It was the most peaceful, blissful, and emotional session I have ever done. I left feeling very renewed, not so alone, more positive, and truly blessed.
I have a HUGE week coming up. I have a group of people coming to my house Tuesday night, a Modbe party for my next door neighbor Candace on Wednesday, Hallie’s birthday party Friday, and another huge Modbe/At Home Open house at my friend Whitney’s house on Saturday…not to mention the chores, bills, groceries, errands...lol. I get tired just typing it all!!! So wish me luck, I am actually excited for all of it. Have a great day!
3 comments:
what a guy thing to bring chips and cookies. hehe. I am glad you got to go to the temple by yourself. I wish I was there to help you out this week. Take care. Hugs!
I am so glad that you took the opportunity to go to the temple. There is just no other place that I would rather be.
It's so nice to go to the temple and rejuvenate! It just puts life back into perspective :) Good luck with your busy week!
Post a Comment