Wow, I don't really have the energy or desire to do this post, but I really need to.
Thursday night I left for SL to stay the with my brother. I left all 3 kids in G.J.'s capable hands. Of course I set out every outfit, outlined every single thing he had to do, and made things very very simple. I always am SO excited to leave, yet the second I hit the road, I am filled with guilt for leaving them. Well this time, I was BOUND to have a good time and truly enjoy myself. G.J. made off lucky when my mom took Kayler and Hallie until Saturday, and his mom took Gavin until Saturday.
I arrived at my brother and sister-in laws safe and sound, said my hellos then my good nights.
Friday I woke up bright and early because I had to get some shopping done. I was able to get all the things for my Sis-in-laws baby shower this Wednesday, some random things, Gavin a Halloween costume for a steal of a deal, and Hallie a way cute winter coat for a VERY big steal of a deal.
Then I had to head down to the Modbe conference. They were having a blow out sale, so I thought I would go check it out. It was mainly stuff from the years past. It was CRAZY. It was stroller to stroller, butt to butt, jam packed chaos of people trying to get the stuff and sizes they wanted. People stripping down right there and buying TONS. I walked away with 3 things for a total of $15...
Next, I had to get ready for the fashion show. There are over 900 Modbe consultants, but only like 150 showed up for the conference, and only 20 were in the fashion show. I got to model the new pajamas, shorts, long sleeved t-shirts, and hat-scarf-mittens. I earned a free pair of jeans for doing so!! Hooray! They served yummy food, had a speaker, showed us the new line etc.etc.etc.
I went back to Kris's, talked for a second, and then crashed. I woke up bright and early again Saturday to go to "motivational" meetings. I am a TERRIBLE salesperson. If you want it-great, if not-that's great too. I will never BEG or bribe someone to have a party or to buy something they don't want to do. I just can't do that. So, I was not looking forward to all these crazy psycho selling women talking about how they get people to buy stuff. Well, the classes were actually very good, and a lot less boring than I thought they would be.
After that, it was time for the awards lunch and OH MY GOSH. I thought I had done somewhat well with my few parties. Well, they gave awards to the top sellers for the past year or it may have been the past 6 months. Well, they gave the first girl an award for selling like $30,000 worth of Modbe stuff. I thought WOW!!! Well, hold on to your seats folks, because the top selling person had sold close to $174,000 dollars worth of stuff in less than a year. That is INSANE.
Well, I knew I wasn't going to win an award, but they had a really cute yoga mat and workout clothes set in the middle of the table. There were 10 of us at the table and they had us each hold up a number 1-10. Then they asked the founder of Modbe a question which the answer was 4, welllllll guess which number I was holding up??? 4. so I did win something after all.
After that, it was a mad dash to get my order in, get it all packed in the car, and head home. I was so excited to see my kids and G.J. We had a wedding reception to go to, then I had to abandon my poor family again because I had church meetings/VT reports to get done.
I will tell just a little about the new line. There are of course the new jeans, but they aren't here quite yet of course...They have new shirts of all types, still some swim suits, pajamas, scarfs, mittens, hats, and the newest and most exciting thing they were promoting was the work out gear. It is AWESOME....and for me to say that it is a big deal because I HATE working out. It has a moisture wicking fabric. The pants are reversible, hold a mp3 player. The tops have the BEST built in bra ever, and a place to put a key, along with built in padding in the front. They are marketing the workout gear with this great new pilates video. I got to meet the girl who had created it, and WOW is all I can say. She JUST had a baby, and already has a 6 pack...There is more and more to say, but I am boring myself just talking about it so I will spare you-I told you I am a terrible salesperson!
I will have an open house, I just don't know when. I do have books, and it will be on the website soon. www.modbeclothing.com/kandice If anyone would like to have a party, feel free to give me a call. A lot of people are having a "workout" party where they will get to look and see and try on the workout gear, do the pilates video, and then get a discount on it.
I am going to warn you...and I am SOOOO glad that I have a private blog now. There was another girl from Vernal there and she is SO over the top. I'm not saying her name, although I am pretty sure most of you would NOT know her. She came over to me and said, "just so you know, I am going to RULE Vernal." She had already recruited 2 ummm...gals to help her. She is going to have parties ALLL the time, put ads in the paper, blah blah blah blah blah. I just can't be like that, sorry. I never ever want to become the "pushy, annoying, saleslady type." It is SO not me.
Of course, I would appreciate if you ever bought anything Modbe, that you bought it from my site or from one of my parties. The website is a bit tricky, because you can type in modbeclothing.com.... but if you leave off /kandice off the end, you are NOT ordering from me. I am not running ads in papers, I am not calling everyone and their dog to have parties. I just rely on my friends that actually want to buy it to help me out by spreading the news, putting my link on their blogs, sending business my way, and that has been WONDERFUL. So if you have been one of those that have done any of those things, THANK YOU!!! Anyways, it was a nice weekend. I am looking forward to wearing the new stuff. Maybe even the workout stuff...lol.
Today was a great day at church. When I got home, my friend Holly called to say she had made my favorite orange rolls, and to stop by and get some. We went to my moms for dinner after, and it was SO good. I love this time of year with all the fresh garden stuff. I came home to find fresh cinnamon rolls on my doorstep (from Candace and Brian-G.J. helped a little bit with their sod while I was gone, and played a little Wii as well, they took great care of him!!!), and there was a bag of cherry tomatoes-my favorite (from Valerie B's garden-she is amazing) THANKS GUYS!!! That seriously made me feel so good and cared about. Have a great day all....
9 comments:
your amazing with how much you are always doing.
I would love to see the new Modbe stuff so let me know when you have it. Especially the workout stuff. It was great to see you yesterday! You are such a cute person!
Yummy.. I want some of Holly's orange rolls.. And who is that pushy sales girl from Vernal? I gotta know. ;)
Glad you were able to go and spend a little time for yourself.
Don't you worry, You are going to kill her!!!!!!! I'm so excited for it all, its like christmas!!!! I'm glad you won. You know what you actually really do have good luck. I've come to think!!
you lucky girl. You're always winning things!!!
Yeah, finally new Modbe stuff! Thanks for giving me the update sense I wasn't there. And guess what Jocelyn sent me an invite to her blog, so thank you for giving her the message.
You will out sell the other gal in Vernal...I wouldn't worry.
Holy Cow, your blog is so entertaining for me. I love reading about the going on's in your life. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciated it! You are an amazing person and I just want you to now that it is the non- pushy sales people that I end up liking the very best! Thanks for being you!
Sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment... I didnt know you graduated with my sister. And I didnt know about my parents and the ward thing. Although, if I would have made the connection I did know that you were a senior when I was a sophmore. So we did go to school for a year together! ...but again, thanks for adding me to your private blog!
kristin.
Why is is that when a Dad leaves the house for a few days, they simply just walk out the door. End of story. But when a Mom leaves for a few days, there is so much planning and list making and grocery shopping before we ever leave. I am leaving this morning for a few days and have lists and instructions all over the place! I guess we would just worry about the if we didn't.
Post a Comment