
Today I looked on my calendar and it said, "Fall Begins." I got a sick pit of dread in my stomach. I am not ready for fall....or winter to come. I do love the beautiful colors, the crisp air, the fun fall activities, decorations, food, etc. I just feel like last winter was SO bad here in Vernal. Spring came late, Summer came late and didn't last long enough, and now Fall is already upon us.
I hope that this Winter doesn't begin in October and end in late April like last year. I am still not over last winter's frigid temperatures, the ice, snow, being shut inside, colds/flu, etc.etc.etc. Now I suddenly feel a panic urge to go outside and be outside all I can until the first snow comes. I am an anti coat-socks-real shoes-long sleeves person. I like flip flops, no coat, short sleeves, and the A/C blowing in my face...lol
I am being a little extreme, I know. I am not mother nature, and wasn't it someone very special that said, "for everything there is a time and a season???" I know he means that in many different ways, but for today, I am going to apply it to my "season" anxiety, and look forward, making the most I can of each day, no matter what the temperature is outside. Happy Fall!!!
2 comments:
When I lived in Orem, I hoped that conf weekend would bring a dusting of snow on Mt Timp. hehe
I love the Fall. I could have fall weather year round. I do agree with you though that we really didn't have much of a Spring this year and Summer did fly by really fast. And I am surely not ready for winter to come at all.
Post a Comment