Friday, September 12, 2008

Introducing...

Kolby Kael Stewart!!! My brother Kael and his wife Emily had their baby today. He wasn’t supposed to arrive until October 4th, but the little fella couldn’t wait any longer.




For those of you who don’t know my brother well, here’s a little background. We NEVER thought he would get married. He was the best brother growing up. The VERY best uncle ever. He could outdo Santa at Christmas time and always go above and beyond to do good stuff for our kids. We thought that his mules, dogs, trucks, hunting, shyness, lack of EVER going on a date, and lack of girls to choose from would stop him from becoming the very best husband and daddy ever.
Well, imagine our pure joy when at 29 years old he met Emily and Rachael in March 2007. Rachael was 6 months old (had NO relationship with her biological father-he had never even saw her) She took to Kael so quickly. She called him daddy…even though Kael and Emily were still just “dating”. Kael had not been to church in over 14 years. He quickly changed his ways and they were married on Dec. 7th 2007 in the Vernal Temple.
Well, they got busy…lol, and she informed us later in January that she was pregnant. We were all SO excited. I was so excited because it was the first time I would have a flesh and blood niece or nephew. All of G.J.’s sisters and brothers had already finished having kids when I came along. I have a very very close bond to my brother. He was so cute with Emily her whole pregnancy. He took such good care of her, and fell to sleep with his hands on her tummy every night, worried about her, and was so excited-he even returned a coveted Book Cliffs Deer Hunting tag because the hunt was during the time she was supposed to be due.
Well, she only gained 8 pounds the whole pregnancy. She ate fine, took vitamins, was very healthy in every way, and they could not explain it. Rachael arrived 11 days OVERDUE, so we were not expecting him to come so early. Luckily we had a baby shower for her Wednesday. She looked really tired, and I thought in the back of my mind that it might be soon. The Dr. was concerned about the baby’s size because with each ultrasound, her due date kept getting further and further away, but her health was so good they didn’t worry about it too much.
Friday night at 2 a.m. she started having pains. They arrived to the hospital to find the baby in stress. They monitored him, and then did one of those special ultrasounds where they count the kicks, the fluid, the breaths, etc., and then get a score which should be 10 I think. Well, he only scored 2, so they started her on pitocin and it went FAST. The darn anesthesiologist was in surgery, and she was WAY ready to get an epidural. Well, at 11:53 she was checked and was at a 6. She sat up, got her epidural and my mom called and told me. Then I got a phone call at 12:00,exactly seven minutes later, and he had been born! I guess when she sat up to get the epidural, she dilated to a 10. Poor girl didn’t even have time to get relief from the epidural-and heaven knows that I know how that feels.
Kolby weighed in at 5 lbs and 5 ozs. and is just over 18 inches long. The best part is that he has a head full of RED HAIR!!! My brother has read hair, along with my dad and many of my cousins. I even have a little red in my hair. I was hoping he would have some, and he is so hairy and cute! (you can only say that about a baby!)
I am so happy for them. They just moved into our ward, just down the street, so I will get to go hold him lots. Have a great day!

11 comments:

TOYA said...

Congrats to Kael!! How exciting and to you too Aunty. Neices and nephews from your own siblings are the best. You always have a special bond with them.

Jesenia said...

he's beautiful, congrats to them.

Kelli said...

He is really cute. Your so lucky to have them in your ward. You get your baby fix (and I dont)

Chauntue Peterson said...

oh it is the best being able to watch your neices and nephews grow. i love mine like my own

Bryan/Erin said...

that is so exciting! i think your brother is awesome and am so excited that he is so happy.

The McClellan Clan said...

AWH I love it!!! That makes me even more baby hungry!! Thats so cool!! He is really cute to. I can't believe how fast she went thats insane!!!!! But good for her, atleast it sounds like the pain didn't have to last for two long!! And she doesn' t have to have numb legs!! thats a plus!!
Tell them congrats.
Jade went on a date with your bro once. Yes he was shy, and she is shy if she's not talking to someone that isn't shy. So I bet the two of them rocked it ;)

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Oh my gosh!! He is adorable! And that's so fun that he got Kael's red hair. I am soo happy for him that he has found a great girl and that he's a daddy. Tell him congratulations from me!

Candace and Brian said...

Ahhhhh.....babies are SO much fun!!! I'm so excited that everything went well and now you have a nephew to love on.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

What a cute baby. Congrats on being a new Aunt.

Janice {Run Far} said...

wow he is so tiny. and yeah on the red hair, go Kale and Emily, Congrates...

Briana said...

Congratulations! You are a new aunt again. Very cute baby. I love the story about his background. Thanks for sharing.