Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gavins First Day!

Finally, after 2 years of watching his sister get on the bus every morning, it's Gav's turn!!! He was excited, not nervous or scared at all, but most of all, freezing!!!-can't you tell by the pictures?

Him at the bus stop
Him and his good buddy Oscar
Hallie "helping" him on the bus.

Does it make me a super bad mom that I am SO excited for him to go, not sad in any way? That's not to say that I am not worried about him traveling to and from school, making it to and eating school breakfast, getting to class, being nice in class, other kids being nice, doing well at recess, etc.... I am a worrier big time, but I know he will adjust just fine, especially with Hallie leading him along!
Now....Kayler is still asleep, the beds are made, the house picked up, I have breakfast to eat, and then I am going to lay in bed as long as Kayler stays asleep. Then......I have my work cut out for me at home working with Kayler to help him learn his ABC's, 123's, and to be a NICE little boy. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

They are growing up so fast. Have a great first day of school Gavin.

Danielle Hacking said...

Wow, he is lucky to have his big sis help him out! Cute kids!

masonmadness said...

How fun. I wonder if he was the boy Dylan was talking about today. He told me he met a new friend and I'm pretty sure he said his name was Gavin. I'll have to ask him.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how fast they are all growing. I hope you can get a little more rest now that Gavin's in school. What is your trick for getting Kaylor to sleep in? Nevie still wakes up at 6 or earlier, and it drives me NUTS!

Kelli said...

ok, I have been waiting for my google reader to update and say you posted but I guess it wont do that when its private??? sorry I have not check earlier. Are you lonely at home with just K?

The McClellan Clan said...

so I just bought a pair of shorts, brady would kill me right now because we have no money for shorts, but I thought well when else are they going to go on sale. I don't even know how they'll look on and I'm hoping they fit like the rest. I got the dark color!!

Stephanie said...

He's the spittin' image of GJ isn't he? Your kids are darling. I worried about Gage on the bus so much, he's another "strong" personality- but so far so good. I've never had someone tell me he's as perfect as I think he is, but no one has told me he's as awful as I've seen him be either! Good Luck!