Well, he had chosen some super cute glasses and they had arrived yesterday, then they got the lenses in today. Here are the before and after-
The after picture TOTALLY does not do the justice of how cute he looks, but oh well. I tried a whole bunch of other pictures, and I guess I just need to face the fact that picture taking with glasses will not be easy.
He was SO cute with them after. I told him I would take him to 7-11 for a Slurpee and a treat. The 7-11 is pretty much right next door to the eye Dr., so he had only had his glasses on for like 5 minutes. Well as we walked out the door he found a penny on the ground and said, "oh my heck, it is my best day ever-these new glasses are the best thing that ever happened to me, now I will be able to find pennies all the time!" How cute is that!?!?!
Well, the fun only lasted until we got home, and then he wanted them off. I think I am going to slowly introduce him to them. He is only 5, and I know he isn't going to switch over to them in 1 day. Hopefully as soon as he understands how much better he can see with them, I don't think we will have a problem. So wish us luck...
11 comments:
My Michael has glasses. We found out he needed them at his Kindergarten screening. I felt like a terrible mom. After he got them he told me. I didn't know there was mountains by Mama's house. Talk about guilt. All that time he had never seen the mountains where your mom lives. Gavin looks cute in his glasses. They get use to them really fast. Good luck!
Me again, be sure and get a back up pair. I just took my perscription into Lens Crafters in the mall and got a cheaper pair for his back up pair.
Yep me to taylor got her glasses right before kindergarten. when she got them she said oh mom when i don't wear my glasses you look old and scary but when i have them on you look pritty how sad is that. If he won't wear them then they are not the right perscription for him. I have had lot's of experiance with this. Taylor goes toa pediatric optamoligest (im sure that is spelled wrong) in orem and it is so worth the drive to get a good diagnosis and i have never had to fight Taylor to wear them he is the one who told me about the right persc. She has gone to him since she was four. once a year before school start's. if you want his name let me know. good luck.
He looks darling, I am sure I am going to have a child that needs glasses, poor Bryan had terrible eyesight he has since gotten lasik, but I am sure we will have to do this one day. Good luck!
Little ones in glasses are just too cute. He really is adorable. Hopefully he learns to wear them without too much trouble.
I love them! You know it is a fact that people who wear glasses look smart! At least that is what I have heard. I know that it does take a while to get use to them, but once you do you hardly realize that you're even wearing them.
What a cute boy. I love the glasses.
What a cutie!
So, so cute!! I love kids with glasses. I think it's darling.
So, I'm moved in, and I'm finally all caught up with your blog. The Tooth Fairy story is hilarious! You were so smart to come up with the Sunday excuse. And it sounds like your Modbe conference was crazy!! I hope I will be making some friends here and maybe then I can host a party!
He looks SO cute!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see him in person.
how cute. I love the frames!!
Post a Comment