Friday, October 30, 2009

Last Year at this time



This picture was taken exactly 1 year ago. This was the last time that my grandma made Halloween treats, and it was at my house. I will cherish that day forever. My grandma LOVED Halloween and she was famous with all her grandkids, great grandkids (and their parents!), plus the neighbors for her caramel popcorn balls. She loved to make them and have all of us come show her and my grandpa our costumes. The caramel popcorn balls were always the first treat I ate as a kid, and they were the first treat my kids ate too. My Grandma has been gone now for 6 months. How I miss her and her yummy treats....

3 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

so now are you going to make the yummy treats?? You should! That would be an awesome tradition!! Hope you have an awesome halloween!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I never really knew either one of my grandma's... G-Ma Horsley died when I was 5 and G-Ma Barney died when I was 13, but she lived in CA and we lived in UT. only saw her once or twice a year. Never knew my G-pa Horsley, died when my dad was 21... and My G-pa Barney had a stroke when I was 13 and was never the same after that. He died 7 yrs ago. So when Greg's g-ma passed, it was hard. SHe was the only g-ma I really knew. I am sorry you are missing her so much. I love ya.

BTW... You look great in the pic of you at the murder mystery party. How much weight have you lost? I am at about 14 lbs down... 10 more would be great.

Briana said...

What a sweet picture!! Hope you had a Happy Halloween.