Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Current Obsessions

I knew I had spoken or blogged too soon about a week or so ago when I said how grateful I was that we were all so healthy…..because now we have all been so sick with this and that….but hopefully we are all on the mend.

But on a different note, since I don’t have much else to blog about, I thought I would blog about our family’s current and unique obsessions.

Kayler’s is Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales:



He LOVES Bob. He makes “Bob’s” out of everything. If it is red and round….or even just red, or round…it is a Bob to him. He will play for hours with his Bobs. One funny thing to add…his bus driver for school is named Bob. He is even kind of a bigger guy…kind of round…and has very rosy red cheeks and Kayler LOVES him. It is hilarious!

Gavin’s obsession is catalogs. He can look at them for hours and circle the things that he wants. He has been this ways since he was tiny. His favorite catalog is Oriental Trading:



It would be fine and dandy if he would just look, but every 5 seconds I have him at my side saying, “mom…mom….I HAVE to have this…I NEED this SOO SOO bad!” He already has a Christmas and Birthday list a mile long. My mom and Mother in law don’t help his habit/obsession much…they bring him all the catalogs they get in the mail. He sneaks them to school, hides them all over the house, and gets very angry when they “magically” disappear!

Hallie’s obsession is making messes. Seriously this little girl can whip out the messiest mess you have ever seen in 1 minute flat. Within 5 minutes of her arriving home from school yesterday this is what I found:



It was made of tinfoil, Barbie clothes, colored with markers, and who knows what else. She left a little trail of every thing she used to make the mess. Don’t get me wrong. I love her creativity. It is the fact that she has plenty of energy to make the messes…but NO energy to help clean them up. One other thing. I know for a fact that I was just like her when I was little. My mom reminds me of that all the time. I guess I turned out o.k…..so there is hope!

My obsession lately has been a certain T.V. channel:



I always feel so left out when friends talk about all the reality or sitcoms they watch. It isn’t that I don’t want to watch those shows. I simply do not have time to watch T.V. from 7-9 p.m. when all these shows are on, and I don’t have Tivo or DVR or whatever. I guess if I would give up my cleaning/organizing obsession I might have time. The only times I have to watch are in the afternoons and I really love watching Baby Story on TLC. Then after the kids go to bed, I love watching the local 10 o’clock news…and then I switch it right over to TLC. My current favorite is the good ol’ Duggar's on 18 (or I should say 19) kids and Counting. They are just amazing to me. I used to love Jon and Kate plus 8 but they are so scandal ridden now I can’t stand to watch them anymore.

G.J.’s obsession….which will be no shocker- is his computer games:



He is nice enough to wait until at least 2 out of the 3 kids are in bed before he begins. He gets VERY into his games. They are games that are way over my head and mental capability. He is so sweet to help me out all day long….so I will not complain.

So there you have it-our families current obsessions. I thought it would be fun to record in our family journal/blog….and look back and see how we change over time!

2 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

I'm SO SO glad you are feeling better. I was worried about you. I think it's amazing how each person is so UNIQUE and has different things that make them tick.

Ben and Marcie said...

That was fun to read. I never think to write stuff like that down. I LOVE TLC too, and I love watching the Duggars! My current obsession is HGTV though. I love watching all the shows about buying and selling houses.