Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beautiful Fall...and a few other things.

This is a TON of pictures post from the last week...but I will try to keep the details to the minimum.

This picture is actually from last weekend. Hallie had a friend over and apparently Gavin "won" a contest and got to wear this dress and crown. I had to sneak a picture before he took it off.



On Monday for family home evening I wanted to reorganize the books in our house. To say that we have a lot of books is an understatement. G.J.'s mom was always enrolled in book clubs when G.J. was a little boy, and she saved every single one of them, and they are still in great shape. We have also collected a ton along the way of having our own kids. I like to have a few baskets of books all around the house because I think reading to your kids and your kids reading to themselves is such an invaluable thing to do.




Hallie has had a few lets say "self esteem" issues this week. I really don't know why...she is SO pretty, and I know I am her mom saying that but she really is a beautiful little girl on the inside and out. She started begging for a perm (do NOT ask me why...that seems so 90's to me!) I told her no..but after a few days and a lot of chores done on her part I agreed. I made her get it done at the beauty college because it costs MUCH less than elsewhere, and they did a GREAT job, and even better, she looks cute and loves it.




Friday night it was Mandy's birthday. She, Jamie and I celebrated by a scrumptious dinner at Casa Rios, a quick trip to Wal-Mart, and then the movie "Stepfather". I will admit I was nervous because it was rated PG-13 and some of those are becoming super raunchy these days. I was pleasantly surprised that there was NO bad language and nothing really bad at all other than this mean stepfather who was a serial killer....it was definitely a thriller and nearly scared me right to death...but I will be o.k. I love Mandy...she took me under her wing several years ago when I really had no one....and here we are 5 years later and still great friends. Happy Bday to her!



This morning was a special treat. My little family along with my Grandpa, my parents, and several of my cousins headed to the corn maze. We had such a nice time. I won't journal what each thing was...just use your imagination-it won't be that hard!

















This is my cute Grandpa. He kept getting all choked up watching all the grand kids and great-grand kids play. The only thing that would have been better if is my Grandma could have been there. I just love him, and cherish every moment like this with him.



My mom and dad have hit their mid life crisis (I am just kidding...lol...sort of!) and they ride their Harley when the weather permits....full leathers and all:



As if the corn maze...lunch...playing with cousins and the drive getting there wasn't enough excitement for the day, we just got home and unloaded and my dad called and offered to take Hallie and Gavin fishing. I figure the weather is absolutely beautiful, so what the heck. So G.J. and Kayler have been outside, me inside blogging, and now I think I shall rest. Hope you all had a beautiful Fall week too!

9 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

dang girl, you are on top of things!! You guys look like you had a blast! You guys are to cute. I love all the get up!! Halle's hair, Gavins gorgeous outfit and your mom and dad! looks like a fun girls night too!!!! I'm so interested in that movie but so scared at the same time.

Karlee said...

Looks like some fun times! As usual! You guys are always doing fun things with those kids. I think Gavin looks kinda cute in the dress! I saw Hallie after church and complimented her on her new curly hair! I love it! She just smiled and walked off. She really is a little beauty! Organizing those books looks like lots of fun too. Makes me wish mine were all out of the boxes! Maybe someday! We were going to head out to the pumpkin patch tonight... it's not open. So, maybe Wednesday night on our way out of town. It looks like fun!

Ben and Marcie said...

Looks like a fun week! Hallie's perm is so cute on her!

Kelli said...

great post. Lots going on at your house, as always. hehe. Love love love Hallies hair

Heidi J said...

my parents are on their midlife crisis too, they ride their bikes whenever they can. it's kind of fun to watch. looks like a fun week!

Candace and Brian said...

Wow! What a fun week/weekend. I didn't know you were going with your whole family. how fun. Call me I'd love to catch up!

Lacy said...

I didn't know that you and Jaime hung out together! I just love her!

I'm so glad that little bluebell has a corn maze! We went too and it was a blast!

Hallie IS a beautiful girl and I know why you would worry about a perm, but it turned out great!

Kristi said...

Loved this post, love the fall, and how warm it has been... I have to say that Gavin would be a beautiful little girl. Man how heartbreaking for a mother when they get old enough to really start having self esteem issues. I bet it is harder on you than on her... You are an awesome Mom!!

melissa said...

What cute pictures, I especially love your little family picture!! Looks like you had a lot of fun..I love Hallie's hair too, it fits her!