I was lying in bed last night and a very special memory just hit me. It is an excerpt from my patriarchal blessing. Since I am not sharing all of my blessing…just a mere two sentences…I feel that it is proper to share:
“I bless your home with the necessities of life. If you will devote your life to the service of our Lord, keeping the Sabbath Day holy, paying an honest tithe and dedicate your services to Him, you will not want for the necessities of life for your family.”
So to me that says as long as I am living a righteous life, I will not want for the things that my family actually NEEDS. A roof over our head, food in our bellies, our important bills paid, and modest (as in not the fanciest) clothes on our back. Everything else can wait.
That is not saying that I don’t want “things” that me or my kids don’t need…..I just have to work on suppressing those wants and being grateful that the necessities of life truly are being met.
Everything will work out. It always does, and I know it will this time too. It is just taking a little longer, and we all know patience is not one of my best qualities. Thank you all for your kind input and phone calls. Have a great day!!!
6 comments:
You had your answere all along! Isn't it amazing!
I just love you. I sure miss you.
What an amazing tender mercy the Lord blessed you with.
thanks for the reminder of somethings mine says.
SEE!! ;)
Now comes the hard part... just don't worry about it! I didn't get a chance to comment on your last post and I wanted to. I used to be the worst worry wart about anything and everything and then one day (after lots of different experiences) I just decided to lighten up and not worry so much! I decided to not worry so much about the temporal things... worldly things and just worry about those things that really do matter!! Money just just a thing of the world. It really doesn't matter. Easier said than done, I know. But, really I used to worry about every single penny and I decided not to worry about it so much and I have been a much happier, easier person! There is a time for everything and as long as you're doing what you know is right then it all works out!! I think you are doing GREAT!
Post a Comment