Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Weekend...

Wow…that last week was nothing short of a whirlwind. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t been sick and I didn’t have sick kids and it wouldn’t have SNOWED….yuck~!

Anyways…here are a few highlights from the past few days.

Gavin helped me make cookies and frosting. He had his class party on Friday and I was able to help. He was so happy!:






My Mom LOVES Halloween. I am not the hugest fan, but I agreed to help her with a party. She invited all of her friends, my brothers had their friends, and I had a few friends show up. The costumes were wild…and very creative. It was so fun to see everyone's creative ideas, and let loose and mingle a bit.:










The next morning we had family pictures with my parents, brothers, and our families. We hadn’t had one since I was pregnant with Kayler, so it was time since we had added 2 new spouses and 3 new grand kids. It was 37 degrees outside, and Kayler was a MONSTER…I felt so bad for our sweet photographer Kristi, but I know they will turn out good; I am excited to see them.

After the pictures, I was in a terrible mood. My kids were tired, and I needed to escape. I went to the temple. It seemed so serene and beautiful to me….not like the Halloween craziness going on outside.

We wanted to take the kids to the Mayor’s walk but upon arrival, we saw the line…changed our mind, and finished our evening with visiting all the grandparents, our ward’s trunk or treat, and crashing at home.:








All in all, it was a great weekend. My kids had fun, and that is all that matters.

I had a wonderful time at church today. The spirit was very strong in all 3 meetings, and it is just what I needed.

I am so excited that I have hardly anything to do this week. I am planning on relaxing and regrouping from the craziness of last week. Most of all, I just watched the weather, and it is supposed to be beautiful. And beautiful weather=a happy me!

5 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Ahhhh your kids looked so cute!!!! I was hoping they would trick-or-treat us early before we left. I still have goody bags for them so send them my way. The party was a lot of fun. I loved seeing all the costumes. Thanks for inviting us. We'll have to get together this week. I have something every day but nothing major. Talk to you soon!

The McClellan Clan said...

Looks like an awesome halloween!! The party looks like fun!! Sorry we missed it. Hope to see you soon. I've been missing ya and seeing familiar faces. Hope you're feeling better

Janice {Run Far} said...

You ALL look so cute.

Karlee said...

I was really so bummed that we couldn't come to your party with you guys!! I was thinking about it Friday night. It's pretty sad when you miss family, but when you're with family you miss your friends! What do ya do!! It looks like it was a blast! I love all you and your kids costumes. Gj's suit is awesome! Maybe since you don't have tons going on this week we could get together!!!

Kassi Luck said...

I love your costumes!! I am so sad that we werent able to make it to the party. I bet it was so much fun. Sounds like it was a crazy busy weekend but fun!! Relax this week.