Friday, October 9, 2009

All Better



I don’t know why I feel the need to include a picture for every post…it just makes it seem so much more interesting. This picture is very random, and actually has nothing to do with what I am about to say (type?).

This picture was when Kayler was super sick with fifths disease last winter. It was super sad and if you click and enlarge the picture you can see how sad his poor little body looked.

My REAL reason for this post is to say how truly grateful I am at this moment in time I am for my kid’s health. (I know…I may have spoke too soon…knock on wood….all that crap…lol!)

Those of you who know me well know that all 3 of my kids have VAST medical histories. It was a very dark time in my life when they were constantly getting everything and getting it BAD. Nobody likes to see their kids suffer. Combined I believe we had 14 hospitalizations. That is not counting surgeries or ER visits.

I could bore you with the details of all their terrible sicknesses…but I won’t. The key is that now…they are doing great. Sure, we get a sneeze or a sniffle or tummy ache here or there (and I have an autistic child….but that is different) - but I could not even tell you the last time any of them have been really sick. I am SO grateful, like so grateful it makes me want to cry grateful.

So…I just needed to get that out there. I am very happy that I have happy and healthy not to mention dang cute kids!

8 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

You do have a super cute family!!! I am glad that they are doing well in the sickness category so far. It isnt fun at all when they are sick. It is so hard to watch that. I didnt realize that they had been sick so much. Hope the sick free environment continues for you!! I know I keep saying this, but we will have to do dinner soon!!

Kelli said...

I feel like you and just want to acknowledge that or what ever it is. My hubby is so superstitious (sp) he always says I jenked things when I say them. But I feel like I am counting my blessing and naming them one by one (sorry if everything is spelled wrong.

Candace and Brian said...

Wow a year already? I remember that picture and hearing all about that. Man time flies. I hope you all STAY healthy. Tongiht was fun. Thanks for going.

Kristi said...

Oh man, poor Kaylor, I have never seen that before... I am glad you are all happy and healthy! :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

I just love love love you.

Brett and Diane said...

Sick kids are the all time worse. I'm glad everyone in your family is healthy and hope that continues fall/winter makes me nervous for sickness.

Danielle Hacking said...

What a great post. I also feel grateful to have a healthy little guy... we are bearing down for this icky flu season that has come too early, but what can you do? You have such a cute little family, thanks so much for always leaving cute comments, hope you guys are doing well!

Lacy said...

It's so good that your kids are healthy. At the end of the day if we have health and food to eat that's all that matters, right.

Easier said than done, so thanks for reminding me how greatful I am that MY kids are healthy!