Sunday, June 7, 2009

Relay For Life

This is the 7th year in a row we have went to the relay for life. This is also the first year that we took someone suffering from cancer, and it was so special. My Grandpa finished radiation this winter, but hasn't went back for a scan to see if he is cured or not. Especially after my Grandma died, he felt there was no need to see if he had cancer still...which I can't argue with. I can't believe he agreed to go, but I am so glad he did!
We enjoyed food, fun, fireworks, friends (cousins) and games at the relay. The kids had a blast, and I can't wait until next year!
Saturday was filled with T-Ball, Gavin's last soccer game, and things around the yard. The weather has been cold and yucky, but we still had a nice weekend. Sorry for the lack of journaling and that this is so short and sweet, I'm just not in the mood to blog, but still wanted to document what we had been up to before I forgot!



















5 comments:

Karlee said...

I know how hard it is sometimes to fit in all the extra details, but something is always better than nothing... and the pictures tell the story! That looks like a really fun time! I got that Barbie e-mail and I got a kick out of it too. Someone was really creative who wrote that. It's hilarious!

Lacy said...

Looks like it was great! Good for you to get out there and go to it!

Candace and Brian said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend...I still have not went to Relay for Life. Maybe next year I'll tag along. Talk to you soon.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I will see you in a week.. how about that?

Josh and Kristen said...

Looks like you had a great time and I bet your kids will grow up remembering those experiences! Also, Josh and I are DYING over the Barbie post. SO FUNNY!