Well, the verdict is in....after 20 weeks and lots of hard work, I only shed 11 lbs. I am grateful for every pound....but I still have 10-15 to go to reach my goal.
I have really "enjoyed"....so to speak, going to the nutrition class. Jean Marie is a hoot. I just have to go off into lala land the whole class since I have heard all her stories 5+ times. She has been really encouraging through my whole thyroid stuff. Her best friend in Dietitian school had the same disease as me, and she watched her struggle. So she has been really supporting even though I have been so discouraged with all I have been going through healthwise while trying to shed the pounds.
She starts her new class next Tuesday June 9th at the Catholic Church Office building (across from hospital) You have to be there at 4:45 to register, and it is $70 (you earn $30 back if you do good!) Class usually begins at 5:15 with weigh in just before that. In the summer you only have to attend 5 of the 10 classes for full credit. You usually have to attend 9 of 10.
I am still deciding if I should go again. I am at the point that I am burned out from thinking about it all the time. It gets exhausting. You know the thought that sometimes when you don't ponder on things-you get better results. Well I think that is the route I am going to take. I am not going to quit trying-just consciously making an effort to do better...if I have amazing success that route, I will be sure to let everyone know!
So, after my post yesterday Hallie was invited for a sleepover, G.J. and I are going to dinner with some friends tonight, and Gavin is having a friend over to play...so I guess I have ZERO room to complain. Sorry for no pictures, our camera card reader on our computer is broken, the new one is on the way! Other than that, all is well!
4 comments:
Sounds like you again have quite a bit going! I think it's awesome that you've lost what you have. Every pound it seems after the kiddos come along is a HUGE victory! And you've got double working against you with your thyroid. So I think your plan to take a break sounds good. Have fun with all your summer plans. Can't wait for your pics to start coming again!
Wow, I regret to say that we will not be at the MLEA thing on Thursday. We will be in Hooper at a soccer tournament :( But I will let you now about the other options! Congrats on the losing 11 pounds that is so awesome! Hope you have a great day!
you lost more than I did. Great job. I need so need to get back at it, I just dont have it in me and Ryans wedding is in 5 weeks! ugg, I guess I will be fat mom of the groom in the pictures.
love ya.... see you in a week and a half. Yay for vaction.
Post a Comment