On another note, 2 little babies that I (hehe, I mean their mommy, daddy, and sister) have been waiting for after 4 long years of trying have arrived! Jessica and Jason Woods had their sweet bundles of joy tonight. Emmalee and Landon Jason Woods were born at approximately 5:25, and 6:25. Emmalee was born vaginally and weighed in at 6 lbs. 12 oz. And was 19.5 inches and was the picture of health. Both babies were head down when labor began, but when Emmalee was born, little Landon did a little flip or sorts, and after some scary moments with his heart, he required and emergency C-Section. He only weighed in at 5 lbs. 10 oz. And was 19 inches long. He had a very scary moment after being born….and it took awhile to get him responding, but when I got there after 7 they were both pink and precious as ever:
Emmalee waiting for Landon to join her in the bassinet:
Jessica meeting Landon for the first time, they took him away after the C-section and then she was in recovery:
First family photo!:
Proud big sister!:
I felt bad being there during the most intimate moments like I was intruding or something. Jessica and I have been friends since we were 5 though, so it was great to be any part of it. I was there when they brought both babies in after she got out of recovery. It was so truly touching. She had tried so long to get pregnant, then endured a very rough and long pregnancy. I am so happy for them!
Other than that I guess I have been enjoying the rain. It definitely doesn’t seem like summer. I am missing exercising and playing outside. I have liked not having to water our grass or garden though. Hallie and Gavin have been at “summer camp” with G.J.’s parents. Ok…it is not really summer camp, but they have been at their ranch 30 minutes away since Tuesday. They have came home a couple times while my mother in law ran errands, but they are back tonight, and having the time of their lives I’m sure.
Have a great weekend!
10 comments:
I immediately had to go to your blog to look at pictures. How exciting for the Woods. How fun for you to be apart of it too. I can't wait to see more pictures of them. Talk to you soon.
There's nothing like newborn babies!!!
Yay for Jess and Jason! What a sweet little family!
I am so glad everything turned out! What scary moments for her to have to go through. Thanks for posting, so we could all see. Make sure and tell her congratulations from me!
Oh those babies where so cute! What a women to go through two different types of delivers. Wow! Have a great weekend!
I am so happy that everything went well for Jessica's babies! Cute pictures!
Thank you for calling me today...it was good to have an adult conversation, even if it wasn't long enough!
so super happy for them. how scary and exciting all at the same time... have i ever told youthe story of mine and franny's births? scary too... remind me and I will tell you. see you tomorrow.... I love it that I can say that. I miss your guts so dang bad.
I am so glad that you got to go with Jill! I never get to see her anymore and I have wondered how she is doing. I should just call, huh? Duh! Have a great week!
Cute babies. Glad you had dinner out, sounds like fun.
Oh, that is so exciting! I am sooo baby hungry and that makes me even more seeing those little tiny babies! I've always wanted twins too! Glad you got to get out with Jill. I think we need to have a GNO with her and go to a show!
Post a Comment