Now here is her big girl grown up room.
She is very very happy. She said she slept great last night. When I went to buy her mattress, she said, "Mom, make sure to get me a Tempurpedic mattress, if you don't I will toss and turn all night." She is so darn funny some times. I am sure she saw the commercial on T.V. for Tempurpedic beds and formed an idea of it. Well, I was not going to get a 7 year old a $2000 dollar mattress, so I asked the salesman (who is my cousins husband, so we got a steal of a deal) which mattress had some sort of memory foam. I was able to get one that had a memory foam top layer, so I told her that and she was thrilled. I even heard her tell her little friend, "I have a new mattress that has Tempurpedic-like material in it." I still have a few things to do when I get a chance to complete her new room.
I do owe a few thank you's. My friend Stephanie who works at the furnitures store helped with the bed and comforter set picking out process, so thanks to her! Thanks to my neighbor Candace for the painted stripe idea. She did it on her baby boy's room (who will be arriving any day now!) I really liked it so I called to ask how she got hers so perfect. Her very kind husband let me borrow this cool laser tool that shined a laser beam around the whole room so I could tape it off and have it be exact, it was the coolest tool ever. I didn't feel like painting the whole room, so I loved this idea. I got the vinyl wall flower stickers to complete the look.
My next BIG big thanks goes to my parents, who bought the bed, chest of drawers/mirror, and comforter set for Hallie for an early 8th birthday present. Luckily the comforter set came with a bedskirt and since the bed doesn't need one, I used it to make the curtains and to recover her little reading chair. Everything else that didn't match I just spent $3 on paint and repainted. So, I didn't have to spend hardly anything to get her room all put together.
I am sad that my little girl is growing up. This bed will probably follow her to college. I just love her so much, and can't wait for tonight, because she "invited" me to play Barbies with her in her new room. Lucky me! :)
13 comments:
Super cute!! Love the colors and everthing.
Thats a girl version of Bridgers boy bed with the head board and drawers which really helps on space. I love the entire room. Great job, I wish you would come up here and help me decorate. I love your ideas.
Her room looks awesome! You are so good at decorating. You MUST come help me do my house!
Looks like your reunion was fun, too!
I LOVE it!!! Super cute and you did an excellent job. I love the flowers in the stripes. I love her bedroom set too. I just love it all. I hope you had a blast playing Barbies!
I LOVE IT! Of course, having helped pick it out, why wouldn't I? It turned out so dang cute, I really need to re-do Ali's room- wait though, I just moved in right? Dang!
I looks great, I am sure your whole house is very put together. I love the colors and the bed is so cute.
I wasn't looking for noteriety (sp?), but it made me want to re-do my kids rooms! You are so funny! Thanks!
This is so cute! I love the colors, it came together so well! I hope we get at least one girl someday!
It's beautiful! You are such a great decorator - I love it!
Love it. Good job.. Might have to copy some of your Ideas for the girls room when we get the house.
Looks Butiful!!!! I'm doing Kenyon's room at the moment, but I'm sure it won't look half as cute.
YOu have been tagged
Very cute!
Post a Comment