Saturday, July 5, 2008

Family Reunion #1 of the Summer

We had a nice family reunion. We have been there since Wednesday. I was in charge of quite a few things, so that was stressful, but everything turned out nicely. Luckily our reunion was only 25 minutes away from home, and Kayler and I came down once to go to a wedding reception and to pick up G.J. It was a good break right in the middle so I didn't get too tired of camping. The mountains were absolutely beautiful, green, nice, cool, and peaceful. We are very lucky to have a vast amount of camping choices, lakes, etc. so close to home. My parent’s camper is SO nice and it was not roughing it by any means. It was a much needed break from my crazy busy summer. We had lots of good food, fun, laughs, and visited with a lot of family we haven't seen in years.

Camping with 3 kids means lots of dirt, work, and more dirt. They had the time of their lives though. Here are a few pictures from the reunion. It is good to be back and to have everyone bathed and sleeping in their own beds!

We have 1 possibly 2 more reunions within the next few weeks...fun, fun, fun.

This is Gavin and his new BFF Whitney. They were INSEPARABLE. She was waiting for him to wake up in the morning, and he was there saying goodnight to her every night. These two little stinkers ran away several times, and I had to get after him SO much. He just said, "well Whitney told me too." The worst thing he did was while the whole family was sitting around the campfire, he found a log to sit over and told her "you might want to look away" and then he proceeded to go POOP right in the middle of the campsite. I have got my hands FULL with this little boy.

I tried to get a cute decent picture while all 3 kids faces were clean...as you can see this did not turn out. My kids were too busy having fun to pose for a picture. We went on several Rhino rides. In case you don't know, a Rhino is an ATV type thing. It was a lot of fun, and the kids loved it.
Kayler hitting the pinata.

Gavin hitting the pinata.

Hallie and the pinata.

Kayler was so cute. He climbed in the rhino every chance he got and put on his helmet and seat belt and would say, "go ride?"
Gavin with his bag of candy. My kids consumed like a whole years worth of candy all within 4 days.

The reunion theme was "Fiesta" so what is a fiesta without a sombrero.

5 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Oh so sorry about your dog. That makes me feel bad. I have never been an animal person for that reason-I hate getting attached and we always had bad luck out on the farm. YOur poor mother-in-law I'm sure feels terrible. Tell Hallie sorry for us.
Your reunion looks like lots of fun. Glad no one broke into our houses in the process of both of us gone. :) The story about Gavin cracks me up. You got to love what the great outdoors brings out in us.
See you at church today.-By the way I love the new blog layout.

Cassie said...

Looks like a beautiful place to camp, it is so green!
I am so sorry about your dog too.

Kelli said...

looks like alot of fun. I put on a family reunion in 2006, it was alot of work but alot of fun also.

Danielle Hacking said...

Reunions are so fun! I'm glad you guys and a fun and safe time! Hope you guys are doing well, we'll be in Vernal this weekend, maybe we could do lunch!

Nikki said...

You are brave I am not much of a camper. I used to love it but now with kids I think I would go crazy. Sorry about your dog. Its so sad when pets die.