Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just a little update.

Summer has still been super busy, but I am actually enjoying it now. The past two days have been so fun and just good for a change. I feel like I am constantly whining on my blog about how hard things are, so I made a mental note to blog about what a good couple days I have had. I hope it doesn't jinx me in some way...oh well!
I was able to go with Holly, Mandy, and Janice to lunch yesterday for Janice's birthday/farewell. We then went to the booths in front of the library for a little shopping. That evening I had Bunco along with some "extra curricular" activities afterwards for a couple of us. Don't worry, it wasn't anything illegal, immoral, or unrighteous. Just a little "good clean fun!"
Hallie and Gavin are at the ranch with Grandma and Grandpa Searle having the time of their lives I am sure. That has left me with Kayler all to myself for a switch. He is so darn cute. This age is so fun. You get the naughty terrible 2 times which I assure you there are plenty of, and then you get the times like today when they are so sweet, cute, funny, and just amazing at how they learn things. We have been good buddies today.
We are having a bridal shower tonight for my brother Kris's fiance Jenette. Then tomorrow we are headed off for a mini vacation. We, along with my brothers and their families and my parents are headed to Steamboat for the annual Hot Air Balloon festival. We have lots of other things planned as well. I hope the kids are good, the weather is nice, and we return home safe and sound and find all well here. Until then....have a great day!

6 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Thanks for the call today. It lifted my spirits. It's always nice to know that you are thought of. Have fun in Steamboat!

Josh and Kristen said...

Have fun in Steamboat! I haven't been reading blogs for a few weeks... so I am not sure when you changed it, but I like your new look!

Kelli said...

That is so nice you and Kayler got to hang, one on one is so important. I bet my kids with for some one on one. hehe. Have fun on mini vaca.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Sounds like fun. My kids would love the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We rode in one last year. It was fun, but a little scary.

Mandy said...

I refuse to comment at this time! (wink, wink)

Sure was a fun night!!!!

Love your guts!

Briana said...

I want to know what these "extra curricular" activities were. :) I love your new blog lay out. I need to figure out how to make mine a little cuter. Have fun in Steamboat. I am jealous, I love that place!