You know when you get to the point in the summer when you realize that it is almost over, and an impending depressions falls upon you. Yep, that is where I am at today. It feels like the whole month of June was non-stop go go go go go go go. Then July came, and we had several activities, and I had several things with family, friends, church, kid’s stuff, etc. Now here I sit on July 22nd, with only 1 month and 3 days left until my older 2 kids start school. Yuck.
This week we have a big family reunion. Next week my brother is getting married. The next week we might have another family reunion. Then it days until I have to go back to the grinder of homework, bus rides, school activities, then fall, then winter. I think that is what I am worried about most, even above going back to school. Even though I know we still have several months left of warm weather, last winter was so bitter cold and LONG, and so I just don’t want this time to go by too quickly.
As for today, I have nothing, and it feels so good. This is seriously and honestly the first day since school got out that I have not one single thing to do. Nothing for church, kid’s activities, laundry, cleaning, yards, bills, groceries, playdates, errands, etc.etc.etc. Nothing. My mom already has my older two kids camping at our family reunion. So it is just me and Kayler. I was lazy as ever this morning. We both got out of bed around 9:30, and it felt great. Now I seriously think I will stay in my jammies and sit here all day and do nothing for once. G.J. rented the new Aerosmith guitar hero game, so I guess I better pass off a few songs for him.
One more thing, they called from the furniture store, and Hallie’s bed won’t be here until Saturday. It would have been here sooner except we are going out of town. Oh well, but I am so excited to put it all together. I hope it looks cute. So until then…have a great summer
5 comments:
Isn't a day of nothing to do, the absolute BEST!?! Sadly there aren't enough of them. I'm with you, summer has gone way too fast!
I am glad you had a lazy day. We had one crazy crazy day.
I loved reading about Kaylor and Gavin...their rooms are both so cute. I secretly want Nevie to go to a big girl bed so I can fix her room up differently. But after talking to you, I guess I can wait!
I totally rocked out to your 80's CD today on the way to the pool. So fun!!
I feel the same about summer, but it going by way to fast. I am still looking for that day with absolutely nothing to do. I have been so far behind on everything, that I don't think I will ever catch up. I hope you enjoy your relaxing day. You deserve it.
I know how you feel...crazy summer, impending winter - where did 'lazy days of summer' go?
Post a Comment