Now he gets to be a big boy in his new big boy bed. (which is actually Hallie's old bed) He is very excited about it. Me, not so much. I just wish he would stay in it, not fall out in his sleep, and not rip it all to pieces every chance he can. Here are some after pics of his room.
Yes, I know I left the super ugly pink laz-y-boy rocker in there. I have had it in all 3 of my kid’s rooms until they were like 3 or so. It is really handy for reading stories or rocking them when they are sick. The only things left to me officially not having a baby is getting rid of that rocker, and Kayler getting potty trained, which we are starting in September after Gavin goes to Kindergarten. After seeing the pictures, which don’t really do the room justice, I decided I need to save up for some more things to hang on the wall or something, it looks a little bare.
Since this is our family journal, I would like to record a few things about Kayler. He is 2 years, 2 months, and 15 days old today. He is a BUSY boy, and does not like to hold still for anything. He will run away in an instant, and is not scared of being lost or hurt. He is still insanely in love with Spongebob, Dora, Cars, and Nemo. He is absolutely petrified of Minnie and Mickey Mouse, I have no clue why. He is learning to talk more and more. He loves to sing. If he doesn’t know the words, he hums. I found him in his room the other day humming the theme song to the Veggie Tales movies-it was so so cute. He is so fun to have around, despite the bursting ball of energy he is and the challenges it might bring.
I will blog about Gavin tomorrow(with pictures of his room, even though I didn’t change anything…lol, he wanted me too) and then Hallie whenever her new bedroom set comes, which hopefully will be next week! Have a great day!
3 comments:
cute room. I however am not taking down the crib, Kenna will sleep in it when she comes to visit for naps or maybe an over night here and there. so I am not sad yet realizing Kimber is my last baby. I am on to grand babies. hehe. Miss you!
Kayler is such a cute kid. All your kids are. It's sad to watch them grow up-I wish you could keep them in that little stage forever. I think the room looks great. I can't wait to see Hallie's room. See you tomorrow.
Very cute bed spread. I love the yellow walls. I am going to have to put my almost 2 year old in a big boy bed soon too. It is hard to do, I am mostly worried about getting him to stay in bed for his naps! I have to have that couple hours! Good Luck.
Post a Comment