Hallie swimming in Little Brush Creek. This creek is runoff from the High Uintas. Since there is still snow there, the water was COLD
Gavin was very timid in the freezing water temps- It was 85 outside-but you wouldn't know it from the take-your-breath-away-cold on your feet and legs.
Kayler not caring at all how cold it was, he loved it!
Kayler threw a fit on the way back. We were on a very short dirt road, that is why he is not in his carseat, and he was wet and muddy, that is why he is naked. He decided to climb out of my lap and sunbathe on the dash of the truck. He thought that was the best thing ever!
There were lots more opportunities to take pictures, but since I was in charge of a lot of things, I didn't have a second to spare to take any. This was the raffle. This is where everyone brings an item from home, homemade or boughten, and we buy tickets and then everyone waits anxiously to see who's name is drawn. The money is then passed on to the next years reunion committee so they can provide the food, games, etc. Hallie gets REALLY into it. She even gets a stomach ache because she gets so nervous. This is her waiting by my Grandma and Grandpa.
Awww, SUCCESS! She won the very thing her little heart desired. Some little wooden doll with clothes that velcro on, it was super cute.
This is Gavin waiting. We actually took a lot of pictures of him waiting. It took a while before he heard his name. My heart was about to break for him because he was just sitting so patiently all alone waiting to hear his name...
Hallelujah, he won a bow and arrow. Just what I need... I mean, Yah! for Gavin.
This is Kayler waiting. This great big box filled with toys and markers was the only way we could keep him corralled in. He is SO extremely busy. He had no clue or could care less if his name was called, but...
He won a little "Cars" set. He just shouted, "Queen, Queen..." Over and over. That is what he calls Lightning McQueen.
This last picture is very random, and it might offend some, but I HAD to take it. I have driven past this sign so many times, and thought it was so funny forever. It has a sign that says "Logging in Process" There are absolutely NO trees in sight. The only thing that happens to be near it is an outhouse-use your imagination. LOL!
So, as you can see, family reunions and camping with 3 kids is lots of fun, lots of work, but make some great memories. I know I sure have some great memories from my childhood camping and reunion adventures. On more than one occasion, Hallie and Gavin told me how much fun they were having. The mess, the headaches, body aches, and dirty laundry will all go away, but the memories and good times that my kids had won't, and for that I am so so glad. I am also glad I have 5 more years until my family is in charge again.
6 comments:
You busy girl! You are always doing something. Isn't it great to spend time with family and be able to make some great memories!?!
What a fun reunion. I keep laughing about Kayler's naked bum on the dashboard. And no your sign wasn't offensive....we would have thought the same. You have had a very eventful summer. I'm so impressed you're so involved and help out so much with these reunions. You're completely right that your kids will forever remember the memories-along with you. Thanks for always sharing. Glad you're home safe and sound. See you in a minute.,
I think I have like one reunion every summer. Looks like you had a ton of family fun
I loved your sign. I needed a good laugh.
great idea on how to raise money for the next year. Kevin and I both laughed at the sign. so funny. The box is a great idea but it might work on B but never on K. Hows the bed working out on your K? Mine K is only waking up once and I have to walk her back three times in a row and then she stays until about 6 and then moves to the couch.
okay now that sign is funny!! And I bet it is there for the trees ;)
The reunion sounded like fun!! And all the pics are so so cute!!
Post a Comment