Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

I meant to fit one more post in before 2010 ended....but such is life, and so I am a day late.

Mollee is growing every day. She has such a cute personality. She is definitely still a puppy, but nonetheless fitting in quite nicely. Having an indoor dog isn't quite as bad as I had imagined it.:



Speaking of dogs....doesn't this picture make you think, “How much is that Doggy in the Window?” Kayler is going through a “nude” phase. His only accessory sometimes is the dog's sweater thing (that she never wears...):



We went to my parent's house for a day in the fresh snow on Wednesday. It was quite the busy and eventful day with all of my cousins showing up!:





I had been promising the kids that I would take them ice skating. Truth be told I hate all winter activities with a passion. You would never know that as a child/teen I LOVED to ski...and did so quite often. Now that I am an old woman....I hate all things snow related. I hate the cold because it makes my bones hurt and skin crack. I hate snow clothes because they make me VERY claustrophobic. I hate the way snow feels under my feet....especially now that it is frozen freakin' solid and is not so fun and fluffy....

Anyways...nuff said, we went ice skating and they loved it! I just loved that they let a big girl like me use an ice walker!:





For New Year's I was having a very bah-humbug party pooper attitude. We had talked with a couple sets of friends about doing things...but then I decided to bag it and do nothing at all. I truthfully wanted a quite night and to fall asleep at 9 p.m. My parents convinced us that a night of food and fun at their house was in order....so we agreed. I don't know what it is about hanging out with family versus friends, but I am just able to relax a little more.

We ate, played games, watched a movie....and all 3 of my kids made it to 12:00 + a little while. My mom was convinced we were all going to sleep over. I really dislike sleeping at other peoples houses....so we left the older 2 kids there along with my brother and his family and G.J., Kayler and I came home to sleep. Kayler took still another hour or so to crash...and I was still going strong at 2. And there I thought I was going to be lazy and not enjoy the holiday.....???

Here are a few pictures from the night. One of the highlights was playing Just Dance 2...which was SO fun, and hilarious to boot. I think my little Gavin got into quite nicely. Kayler danced in the nude....due to his little phase going on. Hallie and my nephew and niece Kolby and Rachael loved it too!:







So here is to a new year. I love the fresh feeling a New Year presents itself. I will be honest...2010 was not my favorite. It wasn't any certain horrible or drastic thing that made it bad...just a mix of a whole bunch. My ONLY resolution of 2011 is just to make the best of each day and each situation I can....Attitude is everything.

4 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Happy New year Lady!!! love ya.

Candace and Brian said...

There is something very relaxing about family. Glad you had fun. I've snever seen the walkers. I'll have to give them a try ice skating. I love your new resolution. Attitude is everything!!!

Kassi Luck said...

I agree as well, it is definately relaxing with family(most of the time). I am glad that you had a great night!!
Dont you just love the nude phase, I personally hate it, but what do you do right?? Daysen still tries every now and then to pull it off.

galleygrapevine said...

I LOVE Kayler's outfit in the "nude" photo....Eli was my "nudist" I would tell him to go get some clothes on and he would ask "Where are we going?"......first thing when we would come home, he would strip down...now he is Mr. Modest and wont even be seen in his underwear. Kids are SO fun!!