Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meet "Stephanie" and some other stuff...

What a week! Keeping busy is a good thing I keep telling myself. I will try to highlight a few things from the past week.

Meet “Stephanie” This is Kayler's newest obsession. We were at Wal-Mart and I was oblivious to the fact that he grabbed this HUGE valentine stuffed animal off the shelf until we were paying. Since it was only $10 and he was very concerned about bringing her home I gave in. As soon as we got home he stripped but naked and asked if he and Stephanie could go snuggle in my bed:



While a bit annoying...I have to foster this new event. Kids with autism have a very hard time pretending. Everything is very literal to them, so making believe with a stuffed animal is a huge step! I have no clue why he came up with that name. We know lots of Stephanies though!

On to other news, my calling is keeping my busy...or crazy, whichever way you want to look into it. I could go into vast detail and why I come home crying from church every week...but I will spare you. Instead I will show the pictures from last Friday night. We were SO bored, and I needed to go through some posters for our music time at church. The kids thought it was awesome to be at the church all alone! They played with Zhu Zhu pets on the gym floor, played with cars, put on a play for G.J. and I...I tried to capture a few pictures:



Saturday I had all the fog and cold I could handle. So we drove up to the ranch on Diamond Mountain. It was a balmy 35 degrees and Sunny. We saw deer and got a good look at the THICK layer of pollution/fog/muck over Vernal:



We went sledding that afternoon with our neighborhood friends the Nielson's. I was busy trying to provide hot chocolate, so I had to steal the pictures from Candace's blog, she is an EXCELLENT picture taker..something I am not, so Thank you!



And yes....G.J. Is the biggest kid of them all and I had to drag him home reluctantly after all the kids were done....

That night I had a little night out with my friends Candace, Karlee, and Heather. Dinner and Ice Cream was just what the Dr. ordered.

This week we will be celebrating my tiny sweetheart Gavin's Birthday. I truly can NOT believe he will be 8 years old. Crazy!

I worked hard on this tonight, so I will share as a “save the date”.Any of my blog friends are more than welcome to come!:

6 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

I am glad this weeekend you and I were FINALLY able to spend some time together. It was long overdue. How exciting for Gavinn and hang in there with your calling.

Kassi Luck said...

I am sad for you that you come home crying e very week. That is so sad. I hope it gets better, I am sure you are very good at your calling. I bet it does keep you busy though.
I forget that Gavin and Madi are the same age. It is so crazy that they are eight.
I am glad you had an enjoyable weekend(except church). Sounds like lots of fun.

Karlee said...

I also can't believe you little Gavie is getting baptized! Will you keep reminding me? I don't want to miss that! It was fun to see you guys tonight. I love that Stephannie! It's actually quite cute. I wonder how long it will last. If you ever need anything with primary please let me know!! I miss it so much and I saved so much in hopes to put it to good use again. I have some fun ideas!

Josh and Kristen said...

Holy crap! I can't stop looking at the picture of the fog! I like the pretty frost it leaves on the trees after it clears out but I HATE HATE HATE being trapped in it! Congrats to Gavin! That's awesome. Can't wait to see pictures of his special day!

Janice {Run Far} said...

No way he is 8... what the... Cute invitation, you're so talented.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh and your little Kayler just kills me. Did you strategically (sp?) place Stephanie's arm to hide Kayler's weenie?