Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

Another Christmas season has come and gone....can I say I'm sad, um No. It did go rather quickly though!

We started our celebrations on Christmas eve...which is my favorite. We had a very kid friendly casual dinner at our house with my parents and my Grandpa Bowthorpe. We played trains, ate, opened jammies and one gift, told a story about special meanings in Christmas, read the bible Christmas story, watched funny Christmas Movies, set out Santa's brownies and juice box...and candy cane, and hit the bed by 9:30. Santa had even entered by 10...;) :








For the 11th year, we had to wake our kids up for Christmas morning. So around 7:30 we got them up. I will just consider myself lucky because I can remember chompin' at the bit at like 4 a.m. when I was a kid! I bet it won't last too much longer. They were SO cute, all of them excited for themselves, for each other, and we had a great morning.:














We finished the day off with a visit from my Grandpa Bowthorpe. We visited Kael and Emily's house, and then spent the evening and dinner at my parent's house. It was very casual, laid back....just perfect.:



Gavin had a cute little Christmas countdown thing in his room. I had noticed he had changed it to "364" Days until Christmas...hehe. Let's not get ahead of ourselves buddy! Let's get the new year of 2011 here first!

4 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Your kids are darling. I"m glad you had a great Christmas. I was thinking...I missed our wrapping party because then I got to see everything your kids were getting. 364 days right? :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!!!

BrItTneEanN said...

Your Christmas sounded amazing. I wish I could get my family to read from the Bible and a read a Christmas story. We were lucky to get the animated story of Christ's Birth in.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Cute.
Glad y'all had a great day. Thought of you lots.