Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blowouts....

Another thing I noticed in my 2010 Blurb book is that I have hardly any pictures of me or posts dedicated to me or my happenings. I don't know why this is really. I guess I would rather not be in the spotlight.

So today it is ALL about me and my "blowouts" hehe.....

The first blowout is this:



I have been wanting a Brazilian Blowout for ages. (I know...it sort of sounds like a nasty/naughty procedure!) You can read about it here: http://brazilianblowout.com/ They offered it on the cruise, but it was way too much money. I couldn't find anyone in town certified to do it. There are plenty of knock offs, but I wanted the real thing. So I was super excited when my friend Heidi's sister came into town from AZ. She did a great job, and I am SO excited to have normal hair! It takes NO time at all to blow dry and style. The after picture below is only from round brushing...so just imagine how much nicer it looks when I flat iron it. It lasts 12 weeks...and so I need to start saving up for next time! I have one thick head of unruly curly hair, so this is perfect for me.

My next blowout is this:



The pictures don't really do it justice...and the bruising has spread since then. I also couldn't figure out how to take a picture of the damage on the bottom of my foot. I wish I could tell you an awesome adventure story about how this happened...but the truth is I just stepped out of bed and SNAP...broken foot. I guess that is a sign that either I am getting old and fragile...or if I am that fat that just stepping on my foot breaks it then I need to lose some weight!

The Dr. wanted to cast it, but after discussing my huge claustrophobia concerns....he made me promise to wear a walking cast and crutches. I am a naughty naughty girl....and so far the cast has been on about half the time and I "forgot" to got get the crutches. What was that about not wanting attention on myself!?!

Anyways, I am finally getting into the routine of the new year. It has been so nice to be back on schedule. Today worked out nicely. All 3 kids were at school and I was able to run errands, go to lunch with G.J., and go to the temple. I am even home in time to blog and relax before Kayler gets off the bus. It is just what I needed!

Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

What? Your foot? How did I not hear about this...oh yes because life is out of control and we never talk. Do you need anything? Poor thing. Love the hair and I'll be calling you soon. Glad you celebrated your boys birthdays!

Heidi J said...

Oh you're hair looks great!!!! :)

You're foot.. not so much. Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Kassi Luck said...

Love the hair, but I always think your hair looks great!! Everyone needs to take time for themselves and I am glad that you did. You deserve it.
I am so sorry about your foot, that is miserable. I hope it gets better soon.

masonmadness said...

I know all about the broken foot pain! Who is your Dr.? I agree your hair looks great. How fun for you.

Karlee said...

We have blow-outs around here too all the time!! :) Only in a different sense!
I love your hair! It looks so sleek and healthy! I bet it feels so good too! I still can't believe your foot either. That's crazy. I hope it heals quick.
It was nice chatting in person for a bit yesterday, even if it was quick. It's always nice. I am really looking forward to Saturday. The boys birthday looked fun too. You HAVE to call us when you go ice skating again okay! :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

Your hair looks gorgeous. I love it.

I'm sorry about your foot. Now fun. Miss ya.