We haven't had lots going on. Just getting back into life after the holidays and trying hard not to freeze to death. You know it is cold when the 22 degrees today feels like a tropical vacation after the -30 nights we have been having! Despite the cold...G.J. being the good daddy that he is has taken our kids sledding on a hill in front of our house...no matter the temperature, they have had fun!:
I saw a quote on the front of our sacrament meeting program today:
“Your future is not determined by the conditions around you. It is determined by your faith, your choices, and your efforts.”
It hit me so very hard...so along with improving my attitude for the new year, I am having this quote as my motto as well.
I need to apologize to all my blog readers. I probably owe an apology to many more people than that...but let me explain....
I just had my 2010 blog printed into a book at blurb.com It was only as I sat back and reflected on my 2010 posts that I realized that I was a HUGE Debbie Downer...Negative Nellie....whatever you want to call me. I had hardly any positive posts. It was all a bunch of emotional vomit typing...for lack of better explanation! I am so sorry I ranted and raved the way I did. Even though I did go through some hard times last year, and obviously typing it was the only way to feel better-I need to try so much harder to have a positive outlook on life. We only have one life to live, and I can't stand to watch another miserable year go by. I can't say that bad things won't happen, and that I won't shed tears of frustration, but things are going to be better...and I can't wait to report and record them!
Moving on. Tonight we had a birthday party to celebrate the birthdays of 4 of the most important boys in my life! My husband, my son, my dad, and my brother! My parent's are headed to Brazil on a Book of Mormon Tour and won't be here for anyone's birthday this month. So we celebrated with dinner and a birthday celebration!:

Happy Birthday Boys! And Happy Birthday to the other 12 people that I love and care about that celebrate in January as well!
3 comments:
I want you to know that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog this last year. Yes, you may had a few not so happy posts, but you also had MANY uplifting posts as well. You make me want to be a better person, mother, wife, friend, etc. You have such a positive attitude.
I think writing(typing) things down is very theraputic, so keep doing it. If it my way of getting out my frustrations so I dont take them out on anyone else.
Wow!! that is a lot of birthdays in one month. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GJ and GAVIN!!!
Hey... your blog is your journal, you get to be a negative nellie if you want to. I love ya. Hope it warms up out there soon. Our temp may say 30* but with the humidity and the windchill, weather.com will say it feels like 10* ugh.
oh and by the way... I Don't think you are negative. I wish I were more willing to type out my real feelings and thoughts. I admire you. I am sure it would make me feel better if I did. Miss ya.
Post a Comment