Saturday, April 4, 2009

My week in a nutshell...

Since I didn’t blog all week, I will give a quick run down of the past weeks events:

Monday-Cleaned house, went Visiting Teaching, had Family Home Evening.

Tuesday-Cleaned my mom’s and Jessica’s houses, went to Diet Class, went to the Family History Center, got groceries.

Wednesday-Did a few random things around my house…not much else

Thursday-Delivered dinner (my day for dinner group) Did a Modbe party for a cute girl named Angela.

Friday-Attempted to have a Modbe party at my house…of the 150 people I invited, only 6 showed up…oh well.

Today-Went to my Grandmas. She is in full Alzheimer’s mode. It was terrible…absolutely terrible to watch. She didn’t even recognize me. I tried to watch conference, visited my parents, and got the news that my other Grandma was sick as well. Must be the bad weather causing all this bad stuff right???

So, speaking of my Modbe stuff… Friday was my last party. I will still sell it. I have to pay to keep my website, and people can still order from there. I can buy with my discount for life…no matter if I make any sales or not. I had a lot of people buy last summer from me just by coming to my house and making an order. The whole party scene was getting too stressful. I had to prepare everything, load it up, take it to the party, sit at the party…I was either way busy or bored, come home, unload it, put in orders….it was a lot of work. I worked my guts out last month, and my paycheck was a whole $200. So, needless to say, it is not worth me leaving my family to do. I enjoyed it for the most part while it lasted, but hopefully if people need anything, they will just remember I still sell it and give me a call.

As I stated above, my party Friday went horribly. I have decided there are 7 reasons why people don’t come to parties:
1. They don’t like or need anything
2. They don’t have money
3. They are out of town
4. They are busy
5. They forgot
6. They don’t like me
7. This one kills me lol!….I sent out a ton of invites on facebook, blog, and email. I did however mail out about 50 invites. I got a call from someone the day of the party and she said, “Did you know you put Friday March 3rd on the invite…?” DUH…..I am losing my mind. It was supposed to be Friday April 3rd. Maybe that’s why people didn’t show up. Oh well.

So, I figure all the reasons above are good enough reasons why people didn’t show up, and I am not going to feel bad one minute about it.

I do however feel terrible about watching both my Grandmas’ health deteriorate so quickly. My Grandma Stewart’s physical health is bad. My Grandma Bowthorpe’s mental health is what is going, and I will say that is 10 times harder to watch than watching someone be physically sick.

So that is my week in a nutshell. It went by so fast, and I am looking forward to next week. I am also looking forward to watching both sessions of conference tomorrow. I hope that it is a little bit warmer next week, and I hope all of you reading this have a nice/safe/happy week as well.

12 comments:

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmas! It is so true--it's much harder to watch someone deteriorate mentally. I just love your Grandma Bowthorpe, and I wish she was doing better. :(

I'm sorry your party didn't go super well. I really think most people just don't have extra money right now. Even though we(:'d love to buy ourselves cute new stuff, there's just so many other priorities that are more necessary. So don't take it personally at ALL! And the "not liking you" reason was not anyone's reason! Everyone loves you. And if they don't, I will beat them up.

Molly said...

I love you! A Lot! I'm sorry about the party. I didn't make it (obviously) I think lots of people like Modbe but like Nikki said for me I'm afraid I don't have much money for me right now either, since I'm saving for a wedding. :( I would like to see you soon though. I hope all it well! Love you.

Cassie said...

I am sorry about your party and your Grandma too. I am sure that is so hard.
About your party...I am so sorry. I hated doing parties. YOu hit the nail on the head. I was usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off or trying hard to talk to anyone and feeling annoying. It is really hard to load it all up and go to so much work just to tell your hostess she didn't earn any credit. I think you will still do fine with sales on your site.
I wish I could have came to your party.
The swim suits are really cute.

Lacy said...

Sounds like you had a rough week.
I'm sorry. Shane's grandma was that way at the end of her life. Just put a smile on your face and say to yourself it doesn't matter if she knows me, I love her. Don't give up on her..Which I know you wouldn't.
I'm still saying you have to have just one more party over here. Seriously, I bet it would be a great party. You can tell me what you think...

Candace and Brian said...

Sorry about your Grandmas. I can identify all too well. If it's nice this week give me a call. I'd love to do something.

Kelli said...

it must be a grandma thing. I found out today (on my bday) that my grandma has some kind of throat cancer. she will know more on tuesday. ugg

Kassi Luck said...

Kandice
I am so sorry about your Grandma's. I didn't know that your grandma Bowthorpe had gotten that bad. If you need anything, let me know!!

Mandy said...

I'm sorry for all of your bad luck. I can promise the lack of attendees is NOT because people don't like you. Everybody loves you (mostly me!)

thank you for listening to me this weekend. When your world was falling apart, you still had time to listen to my shenanigans. YOu are such a great friend. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Danielle Hacking said...

After this baby comes, I'll be by your place to make an order for sure!
Its so hard to watch the ones you love, especially with alzheimers. Take care, and you have an amazing family and will get through this!

Brett and Diane said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma's. My grandma Olsen went through the same thing before she passed way and it was heart braking to watch. I hope this week is going well. Thanks for getting back with me. You're a great friend and we should do something sometime it would be fun!=)

Janice {Run Far} said...

I was going to say exactly what Mandy said.... ppl didn't show because they don't like you.... You are a very very likable person.... I have adored you since the day I met you.
(((hugs)))

Heidi J said...

don't worry, I haven't had anybody show up to any of my parties when I do it myself. Birthdays, baby showers, the list goes on. At least this was just 1 and not a whole list of things nobody showed up to! :) I still love ya!