Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wowzers...what a weekend

Wow. What a weekend. Can I just say I LOVE the rain. I hate wind, snow, ice, and the cold…..but I love sun, rain, and beautiful spring days. I love the smell, sound, appearance- everything about rain….but anyways, moving on.

Kayler had not been feeling well all week, actually for 2 weeks now. On Wed. I had my friends Candace and Karlee and their kids over to play. He did o.k. until the end and then was just very mean and ornery. He had a runny nose and cough and was just miserable, and so finally Friday night I decided to drag him in to the Dr. I figured they would say it was allergies, a virus…whatever. He is also getting some molars. But no, he had Strep throat…I felt so bad, poor little guy, no wonder he was ornery. So he is on an anti-biotic.]

Saturday my friend Shauna Harding and I threw a baby shower for our friend Jessica. Jessica has been my friend since Kindergarten…that is 21 years ago, that seems SO weird! After many many years of heartache and dealing with infertility issues, she is pregnant with boy/girl twins and only has a few weeks left! It turned out so good, and I am so glad we did it. She has a sweet little 5 year old named Harlee and she was so excited for every single thing her mom got, it was so cute to watch. Shauna just moved into her beautiful new home, and was so nice to let us have it there.


After that I headed to another baby shower for my friend Danielle. She is having her first. She is so cute and pregnant, and I am so excited for her too. G.J. had taken Gavin to his soccer game (which he won by the way!) and pictures, and my mom had Hallie and Kayler during all of this.

I came home and we worked fast and furious on our yards before the storm rolled in. It was so funny. I pulled the last weed, got everything set, and came inside and it literally started pouring as soon as I shut the door.

I went and signed Gavin up for T-Ball after that. G.J. and my friend Mandy’s husband Brett are going to coach…it should be fun! After signing them up, Mandy and I headed for a Pina Colada and Margarita…virgin of course…lol! We got them “to go” from Don Pedro’s…they were delicious. We paired them with nachos from 7-11 and had quite the snack.

I rushed home so G.J. could head to the temple with the YM/YW from our ward to do baptisms. Our ward has this huge family history project going on. We were supposed to find some family names to get baptized and then do endowments for them this week along with sealings. G.J. had a cousin pass away and his family are not members. He had called several weeks ago to ask permission to do his work. We thought they were going to say no, but on Thursday night his uncle called and gave the O.K. G.J. was so excited. So we got the name ready and he spent the afternoon at the temple. This Thursday we are going to finish his work.

When G.J. got home, we went to Pizza Hut. I did the smartest thing, I called ahead and ordered our food. We got there at 6:46 p.m., and were out of there at 7:02 p.m. It was absolutely wonderful. No restaurant meltdowns…in and out…that’s my kind of dining. We then went to Lowe’s to get a few things and headed home to enjoy the rain.

That night Hallie was watching the news with me. There were some pretty graphic stories….some of which included rape, sex, etc. I could see her little mind working. After she left the room, I said a prayer and felt that it was time to give her “the talk”. I know she is only 8…(9 in 5 months) but kids are learning sooner and sooner…and I wanted to be the one to tell her. I went to her room and told her EVERYTHING…and I mean everything. Puberty, sex, you name it…I told her. She sat there very quietly, eyes big, cheeks blushing, and very interested. When I was all done I asked her if she had any questions. She only said one thing…and I am STILL laughing about it. She said, “Mom, you know my boyfriend Jayden at school? Well I am going to break up with him because he has this coat that he wears every single day, and he even wears it inside, and I don’t really like that….so I am going to break up with him.”

I just laughed and thought what an innocent little girl she is, but at least now she knows. I will still have to have refresher courses in the years to come, but I am glad that is over. It wasn’t nearly as uncomfortable or embarrassing as I thought it would be. As silly as it sounds, I felt the spirit guiding me and I said things in such a manner that I really felt it was special and spiritual…if that makes sense.

Anyways, moving on. Today was church. Kayler had a HORRIBLE time…he is such a beast sometimes. Granted he still doesn’t feel the best from the strep, but he has had several doses of the anti-biotic, and the Dr. said it was o.k. to take him around people. Well, the poor nursery leaders had 27 kids today. I felt so bad for them. Kayler does NOT do well with that many kids. Well he had a little argument with another little boy and ended up scratching both of his cheeks….like bad…like blood everywhere bad. I was SO embarrassed. I went and apologized to the little boys mom.Then we just left church. G.J. fed the kids, Kayler went down for a nap, and so did I-and we both slept for a much needed 4 hours.

We woke up and went to G.J.’s parents for dinner. His mom is seriously the best cook ever. I am going to have a hard time losing weight with her back in town! We went to my parents next. It is kind of a Sunday tradition to go up there and watch America’s Funniest Videos. My kids absolutely love it!

Next we headed to our neighbors the Nielson’s. They invited us over for brownies. We looked like such a sight going over. Hallie had on a dress and cowboy boots (G.J.’s parents brought all 3 kids a pair back from AZ) Gavin was in sweats and his boots, riding Kayler’s giddy-up-n-go pony. I was in flip flops on my bike with Kayler in the basket on the back. He had his boots on the wrong feet. G.J. just walked. To top it all off, it was SNOWING…..lol. Luckily they live right next door. The brownies and ice cream were delicious. My kids were not the nicest. I always get so nervous going to other people’s houses, and tonight I was reminded why. Kids are kids…and although I would like them to sit down politely and behave, they had to run around and terrorize the place. Kayler was ornery. He usually loves babies, but he wasn’t very nice to their sweet little guy Jhett. I felt so bad. But, we had fun. It feels so good to have friends so close by to do things with.

So…my goodness, I have written a novel about the past 48 hours, but a lot has happened. I am looking forward to a good week. I have a ton going on, so stay tuned!

10 comments:

G.J. said...

Pina Colada and margarita? You were suppose to be on the elliptical, exercising. Now I know why you were late. Tsk Tsk, mommy bear.

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a weekend! Thanks for sharing. I love reading your blog! This week I'm headed of to the Zermatt in Midway for training. :)

Danielle Hacking said...

Wow, you had quite the busy few days, thanks so much for stopping by and seeing me! It was great to see you, thanks for the gift and the "list" I know it will come in very handy!

Candace and Brian said...

My goodness you did have a busy weekend. I didn't know that Dani is pregnant. How fun!!! Jessica looks tiny for expecting so soon-and 2 at that. You are such a good friend to constantly be helping others out. Brian and I are still laughing about the pony. Such a sight! We're glad you came over and you're kids are always good. You're too hard on yourself. We love being with you guys. Talk to you later.

melissa said...

That part about Hallie is too funny! I asked Tyler, my nephew in her class, if he knew her. He said he did and he thought she was cute but she has a boyfriend named Jayden. I can't even believe it, they are only eight!! I never had any interest in boys til much later than that! LOL!

Kristi said...

I just love the rain as well. Court always gets ornery when it rains, but it makes me soooo happy!!
Remind me to call you when Easton gets old enough to need that sex talk, I have no idea how to go about it. I think it is good that you started talking to her about it while she is still young. At least that way she will be comfortable to come to you if she ever has questions.
I signed Easton up for T-ball as well. Maybe they will play against each other. :)
One more thing... When Easton was little in the nursery I think he hurt someone almost every week, one week infact he bit someone on the nose.... YES! On the nose! She bled and everything. I felt terrible. I used to worry he would never grow out of it, but once four hit, smooth sailing.
I am glad you had such a good weekend.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

LOL at GJ's comment!

I can't believe Hallie's old enough to know about sex. YIKES! I don't blame you for telling her, though. I remember hearing things pretty young, and if my mom hadn't told me the truth, I think I would have been a very confused little girl!

So how did things go with the body scan? We need an update. I'm worried!

Hillary said...

Way to go on "the talk"!! I think that's awesome, and you're laying a great foundation for an honest, trusting and comfortable environment for your future relationship I think. You run your little tail off all the time. I can't even believe it! You really are amazing. Hope you believe that someday. You really are!

Anonymous said...

What a weekend! I was sad I couldn't make it to Jessica's shower, she looks so cute! So glad that I get to learn from your experiences with your kids, your little girl is so smart....I knew nothing about stuff like that at her age! You are so cute!

Lacy said...

We tried planting our garden this weekend we were rained out. Oh well... I love the freshness it brings.

I'm so sorry about your grandmam...