Saturday, April 18, 2009

Funnies at the Searle house...

It has been crazy around here. You can tell spring is coming ….even if the weather doesn’t seem like it. We have been busy with all sorts of things, and I can hardly believe there is just over a month of school left…wow.

Anyways, I thought I would share a few funnies of the kids. It seems that with kids sometimes it is pretty low-key…nothing too exciting. Sure they make plenty of messes, throw fits, that sort of stuff. It is the super funny stuff they say and do that really make being a mom fun.

This is a picture of Kayler…doing his thing, backwards obviously. He is so dang funny. He is doing really well. We went to a BBQ tonight, and an anniversary party for some family, and he only had a few meltdowns, so it makes me happy that things are getting easier with him.



This is Gavin and his buddy Quayd. They are on the same soccer team. They had their first game this morning. Quayd made 2 goals, with Gavin to "assist"...it was so cute to watch. Gavin and Quayd are by far the biggest and oldest on their team. I think it is 6 and under…and even with Gavin being as tiny as he is, he was still a head taller than all the kids. He did great, but after his first soccer experience, he got in the car and said, “Phew…I am so glad I don’t have to do that again!” Ummm News Flash to Gavin, you have practice once a week and Games every Saturday for the next month…sorry bud!



On to Hallie…oh Hallie. Ever since she was tiny she could talk paragraphs and say the most in depth thoughts that usually are way funny. The other night when G.J. was gone, she slept with me. First she wanted to watch the news with me because she found it, “very interesting and enlightening.” Then after watching a story on the news about a college kid at the U that shot a pigeon….she burst into tears and very seriously said, “that’s it…tomorrow I am becoming a vegetarian.” O.K. another news flash to Hallie, becoming a vegetarian will not save any pigeons…sorry sweetheart.

So, that is us lately. We are happy…healthy (except for rotten allergies) and safe. Most of all we are looking forward to the nice warm weather headed our way…and more funnies to look forward too.

9 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

your kids always crack me up. Love the pic of Quayd and Gavin... but my fav is the one of Kayler. what a little dude.

Candace and Brian said...

Your kids are darling. I loved reading the stories. I am glad I got to see you today. I LOVE your hair.

Ramanda said...

Ride 'em cowboy!!! That is the ONLY way to potty! What adorable kids!

Kelli said...

Oh My Gosh. all the kids are so funny. That pic of Kayler is darling backwards. I have three boys and have to say, NOT one did that. I am surprised Kyler didnt that is so him. heheh G&H funny funny also.

Nathan and Shanna said...

Your kids are so funny! I love reading your blog. Your hair looks really cute! FYI I am heading to Zermatt the end of this month! I am so excited!

Kristi said...

I love the story about Halli! Lol

Mandy said...

So, I hadn't read your blog for awhile. Sorry. (Dang private bloggers!) So this is a catch up comment.... Love the hair, wish you would have donated all of that beautiful hair to me, want to go to the resort with you, had fun at soccer, (our boys are not only the biggest, but the CUTEST!) fun chatting at the rec center, Kayler on that toilet is HILARIOUS, Hallie+pigeon+vegetarian=LOL!, and.... I think I covered it all. LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kids say and do the greatest things. I guess that is the lords way of making us stay sane!!!!

Lacy said...

So funny! Love the potty training pic. I know the feeling...

I know I wouldn't survive without the funny moments.