Friday, April 17, 2009

Surprise...for me at least!

Here are a few more pictures from the Zermatt resort. Someday when all of us are rich, find babysitters, and can get away…I want to go there again with all my friends and blog buddies.





So….here are some pictures from the “past”:



Here is my big surprise. I feel bad provoking such intrigue and interest in something that is probably quite boring to everyone but me!:

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgYtkSPRvqoXP2U2NNO5En79QKuQGcTGYECWbpYpgpyIEoM6la_-43NEdkq5BOBePtMdLDhycfwElhNlzZBf4Klni4aMC_uoG8JIaHZTixPksiYPE728P6gHiOBe0z9pYWttvILKObWDkU/s1600-h/back.jpg">


(that last picture was at Daniel's Summit. The snow was way above my head, crazy...!)

It was time for a change. I know, I know…I shouldn’t have cut 13 inches off my hair. Everyone is always complimenting on my hair and how long it was, but it was time to have it off. I have a few reasons:
A. It was time for a change….nothing like a ponytail everyday. I have a TON of hair, and it is very naturally curly and very hard to manage
B. With the whole thyroid thing, my hair had a whole new texture…a not good texture, and it was not fun or pretty.
C. I did it for a good cause. I followed my sweet little girls example by donating it to Locks of Love.

So far I love it. It feels SO fresh and light and much more healthy. I need to get used to styling it and all, but so far so good.

I have ALWAYS wanted my hair cut by a gay man…lol. I know that is a ridiculous desire, but face it, they have much better fashion sense than most women. So I called the salon (Lunatic Fringe in Park City) and asked for a man stylist. I got Jared. He was seriously SO nice. He was honored to cut off all that hair. He made the nicest compliments, spent so much time with me. At one time I had 2 men chopping and blow drying and styling…it was great. They cut my hair with razor blades. When I was looking around the salon, I noticed that they had received best of state awards from both Elle and In Style magazines. The guy cutting my hair had received the top honors…he is practically famous! He had pictures of him with his clients from around the world that come to him when they are on vacation in Park City. I would definitely recommend him to anyone, and I think I have found me a new boyfriend……which leads me to the gay part. Ummm, he wasn’t gay. Near the end of my haircut he told me what a hard time he was having finding a girlfriend in a small ski town… lol. Then his buddy asked about their double date that night with two girls they had met…I giggled forever about that. Oh well, he seemed sort of gay!

Anyways, have a great weekend!!!

20 comments:

Danielle Hacking said...

Love it! I'm super temped to cut all of mine off too! Your hair cut is so cute! Have a great weekend!

Kael and Katy said...

I LOVE your hair!! When I cut mine it was about as long as yours, and I totally felt the same way, it's so nice to feel like it's fresh, and such a cute change!! I love your new hair-do, it's super cute!! :)

Karlee said...

Okay, that is TOTALLY a big deal and way "post worthy" ... not boring at all. You are super brave. I am a huge fan of long hair (obviously) but that short cut is soooo darling! I love it. I wish I would ever dare to cut mine short, but I don't think I ever will. Maybe I'll get a really brave streak someday. And, to donate it to locks of love is great! I consider myself your friend and blog buddy too, so when you plan a trip back to that place, please include me!! It looks like lots of fun! I love the whole gay guy idea too... funny that he wasn't gay! Gotta be a little girly-like though to be a hair dresser, so close enough!

Brett and Diane said...

Cute new hair due. I think short hair dues are so cute and stylish. Sounds like it was a really fun experience!

Kelli said...

sorta gay? hehe, funny, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair and I am a long haired lover, even though mine is getting shorter and shorter but I am getting older and older.

Chelsie Jensen said...

I love it! It looks so cute!

Candace and Brian said...

HAHAHA that's what you get for going off of VOICES. I LOVE your hair. It's absolutely darling and I can't wait to see it in person.

Ramanda said...

WOWZA!!! You look gorgeous with short hair!!! I envy you! What does your hubby think of it? Mine would murder me and chop me into tiny pieces if I cut mine short! Totally worth the anticipation and guessing you put us through!

By the way, look forward to the getaway when we are rich and can sneak away!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Kandice! You did it! I'm so proud of you. It is sooooo cute. It is really flattering on your face and makes you looks so young and fresh and modern. (Young as in college-age, not kid-ish, because I know you and you would totally take that the wrong way!)

You are lucky and look great with long hair and short hair. I love the new style, and it should be MUCH easier to do.

And yay for Locks of Love. I can just imagine how ecstatic some little girl will be to have that beautiful hair.

That is SO funny that he wasn't even gay. Darn it!

Leisa said...

I'm glad to got to get away! That is alway nice. Your hair is way too cute!

Kyndi said...

I love your hair!!! I didn't recognize you at first and then Edgar said Look Kandice cut all her hair off and holy cow you did! But it is gorgeous-seriously! And btw I think the only reason I lost any weight last week was cuz I took out my pound of extensions...lol.

Hillary said...

I am always such a cheerleader when people want to cut their hair, and you are no exception, you look SO great!! I love it on you. I have never seen you with short hair, and you look super cute. You sassy little mommy you! So glad you had so much fun!

TOYA said...

I love ur hair. It'll be heaps easier to maintain as well

Kristi said...

Your new hair do is beautiful!! I wish I could get brave. :)

Whit said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have a horrible habit of growing my hair and then cutting it but I can't resist the wonderful feeling of something fun and new. You look great! Glad you had fun!

Lacy said...

I love your hair! It looks cute.
I did the same thing two years ago. Even a similar bob and 13 inches. It was fun.
It feels great to donate it to locks of love, huh? It makes all the drama worth it! I love that you did that!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Love the hair-it is so cute on you.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love the hair. I am re-chopping mine after this Saturdays marathon. Cute cute

Unknown said...

Your new style looks great! Sometimes you really do just need something new.

I've been really considering chopping off my hair too! I have no clue how short though... I was thinking about just going in and asking for something new that would work with my face type. *shrugs* any suggestions?

Holly said...

Soooooo cute! LYG, Holly