Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday at the Zermatt

I bet I have a lot of disappointed readers since I didn't do my weekly weigh in blog right on Wednesday morning...j/k. I was a little sidetracked. After packing G.J. and sending him on the road last night, packing my kids, myself, getting the kids off to school, me finishing up my thyroid tests, and braving terrible road conditions...I am finally here:

The Zermatt Resort in Midway (above Heber) The only problem is that the whole place is covered in SNOW...yes, in the middle of April. It is crazy.

G.J. had a work conference, and I was able to work it out to finally join him. I spent the whole day at the spa. I have been saving my money for a few months and enjoyed the BEST massage and body scrub of my life. I also had a facial that was nice...but for some reason my cheeks are REALLY rosy...and they won't go away!

Tomorrow I am going to go shopping for some summer clothes for my kids, and baby gifts for some friends. It feels so good to be with G.J., just like the good ol' days. We ate a very nice dinner and dessert, swam in the pool, and now we are sitting here watching what WE want to on T.V. for once. We are using this as our Anniversary celebration. His work paid for the room and meals so you can't beat that! Our real anniversary date isn't until May 13th...9 years, I can't believe it!

So...now to the weigh in part lol... I stayed exactly the same. I should be very grateful for that, since I ate literally POUNDS of Easter candy!!! Hopefully next week there will be a loss.

Stay tuned...after tomorrow there is going to be a big change. No I am not pregnant (nor will I ever be again...I think we all know that by now) nor is it anything of that magnitude, but it is a big change, so stay tuned. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Haha I know what it is. :)

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

So glad that you had a nice, relaxing day at the spa! I'm totally jealous. I've never even been to a spa. But I'm also kind of scared of everything they do at spas, so I may never go...(:

And I know what the surprise is, too. I can't wait for the post!

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh I want to know! That is just mean!! I can't believe it's been 9 year either. We are getting old! Your trip sounds absolutely heavenly! You deserve it, you run your little tail off!

Lacy said...

Wow lucky girl! Next time take me with you.
I be back 2-marrow for the big reveal!

Brett and Diane said...

What a fun and completely deserving get-away for you guys! Your hotel looks amazing and how relaxing to have a day at the spa, wish I were you! I can't wait to hear the big news I'll for sure be checking in tomorrow!=)

Ben and Marcie said...

How fun that you guys got to have a fun, relaxing couple of days with just the two of you! Happy early anniversary!

Karlee said...

You can't do that!! It sounds like you're having a great time! I must admit I am a little jealous! ...Even with the snow.
I want to go shopping! Have fun!

Kelli said...

I ordered a detox thingy and am going to do it for three weeks, then watch what I eat better than I have been. i'll keep you posted on how it goes.