My sweet Grandma Bowthorpe passed away peacefully in her sleep. I couldn't have asked for a better way for her to go. She has suffered so much the past few years, she fought a good fight, but last night was her time to go.

Yesterday I had the most spiritual experience. I woke up and started to do my Monday cleaning. I just could not get myself to do anymore, and I had the strongest urge to go visit my grandparents.
I took Kayler and when I got to their house they were both asleep. They had a rough night the night before, so they were really tired. My grandma didn't look good at all. Her skin was grey and pasty and she said her heart and stomach hurt. I gave her some ibuprofen, fed her some jello, and warmed up her favorite blanket and wrapped her in it. Kayler snuggled right up against her, and the 2 of them watched over 30 minutes of cartoons. It was so sweet to watch. Looking back, it is almost like Kayler knew...
When we left Kayler gave my grandma and grandpa the biggest kiss and hug, and we said goodbye. Something felt off the entire day. Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of my Uncle Creg's death. G.J. and I took the kids to his grave last night for FHE, and the spirit there was amazing.
My mom called at around 1 a.m., and said she was gone. I guess that my grandparents had went to sleep, but the covers had fell off my Grandma. When my Grandpa went to tuck them around her, she was gone. Pretty much the whole family went to their house. I was there until 4 a.m. I tried to sleep some...but I was too upset.
I know she is in a better place. I just cry thinking of the sweet reunion she had with her parents, siblings, 2 sons, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great granddaughter. I know she is so happy, perfect, and free of pain.
What a lucky girl I was to have such a great Grandma. She will be missed greatly.
22 comments:
Oh Kandice. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. You brought tears to my eyes to hear how the spirit not only prepared but prompted you to visit her and that you listened. I am so grateful you had that opportunity. And sweet Kayler....kids are amazing. Once again I am sorry for your loss but as you said-she truly is in a better place. Love ya!
After just losing my Grandmother last week, I truly feel for you, but what a blessing for her to not suffer any longer, you're so right, she is a perfect, and blissful peace. My prayers are with you and your family members. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with her yesterday.
kandice, i'm so sorry about your grandma. she is an awesome lady, and i will never forget getting to know her on our road trip.
I am sorry to hear about your grandma, but I am glad to know you spent time with her and that she isn't in pain anymore.
Kandice sorry about your loss, I cried reading your post. How neat though that you followed the promptings to visit and were able to share some of the last moments of her life! You were such a good grand-daughter I can tell by the way you talked about here. She is happy I'm sure reunited with her family and watching down on the rest here. If I can help with anything please call me!
Whit
I'm so sorry for your lose. Thank goodness you have the knowledge of the gospel. I remember when my Grandpa died. I don't know if you remember this, but you came to the viewing and brought me a card that said something like don't you wish life was like a video machine and you could fast forward the hard times in life. I have never forgotten that because I didn't know you very well then, but your generosity has always amazed me. May you be comforted and blessed during this time. luv ya
Wow, how neat that you got to see her one last time. I hope that things are okay with your family. Take care. love ya
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is nice that you followed your prompting and went to go see her. what special last memories you will have of her. You are amazing, She was lucky to have you to take care of her.
I am so sorry, Kandice! I just read this at 10 pm, or I would be calling you. What a wonderful experience for you and Kayler to spend the day with her before she passed away. I honestly think kids have a strong sense (or can feel the Spirit) about these things. And for him to sit still and cuddle that long, I think proves it! What a wonderful memory. I'm glad you had that time with her. You were always so good to her.
Let me know if you need anything. Even with our knowledge of the eternal plan, it is still so hard to lose someone (even though it's only temporary). I love you!
I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing that you had the chance to spend time with her before she passed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
I am sorry about your Grandma. that is such a hard thing. My thoughts are with you!
I am so glad you followed that prompting. What a blessing that you did!
What a great reunion she is having!
My prayer are with you guys.
I am so glad your close to the spirit and was able to go over yesterday for one last visit. That will always be special. That kind of happened the same way for my mom, although it was within 2 weeks and we were on vacation in NY when she passed. So I was really glad for that last visit (my sister didnt have a last visit and I think it really bothers her) I hope your grandpa does ok without her. Hugs for your entire family
Kandice, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! It is so hard to lose our loved ones, and I'm sure she will be greatly missed. What would we do without the sweet memories we have of them and the gospel to help us get through these difficult times. Your family is in my prayers.
I am so sorry girl, I know how much she meant to you. I wish I were there to give you a big hug and a just let you cry on my shoulder. She is in a much better place, but it is so hard to know you wont get to see her for a long time. I am so happy you always listen to the spirit. That is something you will treasure for ever.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma! What a great post! You are such a neat girl. I am sooooo glad that we are friends! You are going to love looking at those pictures and reading this story over and over again in your book! And, what a great keepsake your kids will have from it too!
Kandice, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad you got to spend time with her on her last day. Court's grandpa passed a few months ago, and we had the opportunity to visit with him the night before he died. I was so grateful that we got to have that.
Kandice
I am so sorry about your Grandma. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine the reunion that she had with loved ones that had already passed. I remember when my Grandpa died suddenly and there was no warning and it was so hard. I wish I would have had been able to spend time with him one more time. How lucky you are to have been able to have that. You are obviously living the way you should and in tune with the spirit so you can get promptings. How grateful you must be. I am out of town and I am so sad that I will not be able to make it to the services, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Wow. The spirit is truly amazing, what a precious experience for you to hold on to. You are so lucky to have that. We prepare ourselves we think for losing grandparents as they get older, but it is just never easy when they actually go. So sorry to hear it. Hope you're doing ok.
So sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad that you got to spend time with her before she went though. And remember that even though it is hard to have loved ones leave us at least we know that we will see them again, and like you said she is with loved ones and not hurting anymore! Take Care!
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Losing a loved grandma is so hard. How special that you visited her and have such wonderful memories. What a marvelous blessing the resurrection and eternal families bring into our lives at moments like these.
I am so sorry kandice...I just heard....I am thinking of you-nikki
Post a Comment