We will start at last Wednesday when we had a little farewell BBQ for Janice and Greg. Mandy and Holly and their families came too. They are headed to
Thursday I met up with my friend Lindsey who is currently living back east, but is visiting the area. Her girls are darling and we had a good time. Heather also came and it was good to sit out in the nice hot sun and let the kids play in the water. Whitney was going to come, but she is pregnant and was not feeling well, so she didn't end up coming. (I hope you are better Whitney!)I helped my mom with a few family reunion things, and that was Thursday. Once more, pictures were taken, but not by my camera.
Friday my kids were SO very excited to finally get to go to the new
That evening, I had just gotten everyone bathed and cleaned up and Mandy called for a swimming party at her brother's pool. We had nothing else planned, so we grabbed some pizza and headed over. Kayler thinks he can swim underwater…not such a good idea-it took Me, G.J., Mandy, and Brett to keep him occupied and happy. Gavin felt safe as long as he had a lifejacket, tube, and water noodle to hold on to. Hallie was the same little water dog as usual. It was a super fun and relaxing evening and we truly appreciated the invite. Of course, more pictures were taken, but not from my camera. Having 3 kids to keep track of leaves no time for pictures. I have decided I have got to figure out a system to where I can take pictures, have fun, not let my kids drowned, etc…lol
Saturday was filled with grocery shopping, errands, work at the ranch, visiting our dog-who is currently living at the ranch (the ranch is Rim Ranch, which is on Diamond Mountain-G.J.’s parents live there) and then G.J. and I went on a date. We had a babysitter for 3 hours. We went to a wedding reception, played Wii for awhile at my parent’s house, got a shaved ice, and headed home. Pretty lame date, but it was good to have a little break, and we have great girls who do a good job babysitting.
Today was church and now I am trying to prepare for the whirlwind of a week I am about to have. I have like 97 things to do for church, my house, my kids, a family reunion, camping, wedding receptions, bridal showers, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. It’s freaking me out a little at how much I have to do, but hopefully it will all pull together nicely.
My kids have done and said the funniest things this week, but unfortunately since I don’t even have time to breathe, I don’t have the memory to blog about them. The only two things I can remember have to deal with deodorant and water bottles. Hallie was watching me put on my deodorant. She asked what it was for and I told her. Well she left but came back into my bathroom a few minutes later and said, “You know mom, I am getting pretty old and growing pretty big, I think I need to start using deodorant.” I told her I would look for some little girl deodorant. Well I found some Degree “Girl” deodorant at Wal-mart. Hallie was THRILLED to say the least. Gavin was pretty bummed that there wasn’t any “little boy” deodorant, so I gave him some of mine, it had a blue label that looked pretty “boyish” and he was happy. I have watched them several times the past couple days smelling their armpits, and each other’s armpits. They are just so cute sometimes.
The next thing is this water bottle I have. There is quite the story behind my water bottle and my water drinking. I am always thirsty, and I can drink like 2 or 3 gallons a day without a problem, and then I wonder why I am up all night peeing. Anyways, my kids love my water bottle, and so when I went to Wal-Mart, I noticed they had mini bottles just like mine, and so I bought each of the kids one. When I gave the bottles to them, you would have thought it was Christmas. I got so many excited “thank you's” it just warmed my heart…lol. They were down right precious chugging their water from their mini water bottles just like mine. I did take the time to snap a picture of the water bottles. So enjoy.
My next item of blog business has to do with little girl hairdos. I was looking at my friend Cassie’s blog, and I noticed a link called http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/ Well, it is tons of super cute ideas for little girls’ hair. I LOVE to do hair. When I was little, my mom never ever did my hair. It's not that she neglected me or anything, she just didn’t know how. I didn’t want to go to school ugly or fugly as my brother called it (fat + ugly = fugly) so I learned how to do my hair very well by the 3rd grade. I could pull off a dang good French braid and all sorts of creations. Hallie was born with a head of hair, so from the time she was tiny I would give her a snack and sit her in front of a good cartoon and experiment. As she has gotten older, I have had lots of super cute creations. Although I am not fishing for the compliments that do come along with her cute hairstyles, it is nice to have people notice that I am taking the time to make my little girl look nice. I always want her to look and feel pretty. If I could only take the same time on my own hair, that would be nice, but something tells me that braids and 4 pig tails wouldn’t look that good on me anymore! Some people ask how I get her to sit that long and how I come up with ideas. Well, the new blog I found helps a ton, as well as laying awake at night dreaming up creations. As she has gotten older, she isn’t quite as patient with me. One day she turned to me and said, “You know mom, I don’t always have to be the prettiest girl at school.” I have to let her go with just a plain pony tail A LOT more often now…Here’s a quick pic of her latest cute hairdos, as well as a pic of the 2 tools that help me a ton-the topsy tail tool, and the automatic twisty braid tool.
One LAST item of business, I have had a ton of random people say that they have found my blog one way or another. None of them have blogs themselves, so they can’t leave comments. So, for those of you who read this who don’t have a blog or Google account, I have now made it possible for you to leave comments. I would love to hear from you!
I imagine my next post will be next Sunday, so brace yourself for another super long one. Have a great week, 4th of July, and I hope you are enjoying summer!
7 comments:
Thanks again for the BBQ, we had a great time. And thanks for advertising my house on your blog... EVERYONE PRAY WE SELL QUICK! Sounds like your week is going to be busy and filled with excitment. Have a good fourth.
Totally worth reading your LONG blogs-I'm getting bad too about posting once a week. It cracked me up though how you never had your camera. It seems that's always me. I just nag people to get pictures. I'm glad you had such a super busy fun week. Always worth it. Brian and I are excited to try out the new REC center. No rest until our porch is completed though!
wow, you are so busy!! I wish I could have been there with you and Lindsey and Heather, I miss you all!! I have to laugh about the hair thing, I was the same way since like 2nd grade, and my poor Seneca has to endure all of my hair creations, but I like her to look cute, so thanks for the website, I will check it out. Anyways good luck with your crazy week!!
You know, we talk everyday... but I still read your blog word for word! And I love it!
I am so glad you checked out the link for the hair ideas. I am so jealous you have a little girl, it would be so fun to do hair!
Love your blog, you are so funny!
I came across "Trash Ties" through your blog. I LOVE them, what a great idea! Have you tried them? I ordered some as soon as I saw them. Halle's hair is always adorable. It is so great to have new, fun ideas for little girl hair. Thanks for the link. KIM F.
What a small world! Stephanie, the creator of the hair blog you mentioned, is a friend of mine! I will have to tell her that you wrote about her blog! I met her on the Internet, and we have several "real life" friends in common. LOL.
You have been sooo busy! Oh my goodness!
Have a good week, and a good fourth of July. I'll have to call ya when things slow down for us both!
Post a Comment