Monday, June 16, 2008

My exciting news

So I guess you have all been wondering what my exciting news was. Well, I had originally posted it was someone in my extended family, but my kind husband reminded me that it was someone in my immediate family….lol. Oh well-whatever.

Anyways, my exciting news is that my brother Kris if FINALLY getting married. He is marrying Jenette after years of on and off dating. She is not from here-they met in their singles ward. They fit each other sooooo well. She loves outdoorsy type of stuff just like him. She loves to vacation, just like him. She is really smart, unlike him…lol. J/K Kris. She is a high school Advanced Physics teacher, so I told him he better start studying up so they can have something good to talk about.

I am proud to say that I had a small role in his proposal. He had the ring, but just could not come up with anything really special. Well, I remembered that she really loves to look at and learn about stars. So I told him to go get some of those glow in the dark stars that have sticky stuff on the back of them and write “Marry Me” on his ceiling. She came over and after awhile he had her lay down and he said it took her a minute to notice, but when she finally did she was super excited. He slid on the ring, told her where their honeymoon was going to be, and they set a date, simple as that.

I am so excited for him. For those of you who know him well, you realize what a blessing it is that he met a girl who will love him as much as he loves her. The day is August 1st in the temple (not sure which one for sure) So congrats Kris and Jenette! I’m so glad this day is finally here.

12 comments:

Jesenia said...

I am soo happy for him. I am glad that it is finally happening!! Have a wonderful day!!

Whit said...

How exciting for him! YEAH I know how much you love him and I am sure you are so happy!

Anonymous said...

YAY I am so glad Kris has found someone. He is such a fun person to be around! I am SO excited for them!!!!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

That is super exciting!! Congrats to your brother, weddings are so fun.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I was hoping that would be the exciting news! Yay! Tell Kris congratulations for me. How exciting.

What a cute way to propose, too! How fun!

Kelli said...

OH HOW exciting. AND way cool proposal? so if thats your great way, what did GJ do for you? hehe how can anyone live up to that kind of creativness!

Ramanda said...

I forgot to tell you that I saw your parents and your brother at McDonald's the last time I was in town. They wouldn't know me from Adam but I could definitely tell that they were your family! Kris came and talked to my brother in law Blaise Martinez. Anyway...that is really neat!

The McClellan Clan said...

I'm so happy for him!! He deserves it, that is so cool!! Glad you shared your exciting news!!
I liked the proposal Idea too!! I bet she loved it!

Candace and Brian said...

YEAH!!!! To be honest that was the first thought that popped into my head as I read that (I didn't catch on to the extended family part). Mark came to my house Monday and was telling me all about it too. We are all excited for him.

Briana said...

I am so excited for him! He deserves to be happy! Thank you for letting me know that. I am so out of the loop here in AZ :) Please tell him I said Congratulations!

Jenette said...

Thanks for spreading the happy news for us! I am making a blog for Kris and I, but I am just learning. You will have to show me how to make it as cute as yours!

Josh and Kristen said...

Pass on the congrats to Kris!