Friday, June 13, 2008

3 more reasons why I'm different...

So these are some totally random thoughts, and will have everyone who reads this 100% convinced that I’m a little off my rocker sometimes. These are 3 different things that I do (or don’t do for that fact) that make me different from the majority of women, and maybe even men!

Item #1-I HATE to lay in the sun. I don’t care if my skin is white as a ghost and if I am ugly and not tan and pretty like everyone else. I hate it. I hate the feeling of my flesh burning. In high school I went to the tanning bed a few times. I am super claustrophobic, and I hated being in a tight spot and having my flesh burn at the same time. I also am afraid of skin cancer. I am already all freckly as it is, and the sun makes them darker and worse. I wear sunscreen EVERY day, even in the winter. OK, there is confession #1. Have any of you had any luck with the spray on tan or something else??? I guess the only upside to this one is that when all of us are old, I will have beautiful youthful skin while everyone else has wrinkled leather…lol. j/k, but that sure would be lucky if I did.

Item #2- I HATE to watch TV and Movies. I think I have Adult ADD or something. I cannot focus and sit still. I have so much I would rather be doing. There is sometimes a movie that I really do want to see, and I thoroughly enjoy going with my friends or family. Secretly though, I enjoy my snack pack better. Yes, I get the children’s snack pack with just a little popcorn, treat, and a Sprite. I also very rarely have a TV show that I just HAVE to watch. Usually even if I do have something, I never have time to watch it. We don’t have Tivo or DVR or whatever it is called. Just basic ol’ cable here. So I just have to miss out on all the Movie and TV conversations.

Item #3- I have only worn perfume like 10 times in my life. I hate hate perfume. It gives me a headache, makes me feel yucky and sweaty. When I was pregnant with Hallie, the scent of every perfume/cologne made me sick. Even scented soaps and lotions and toothpastes and gums make me puke my guts out. Poor G.J. had to live a very bland life during each of my pregnancies. I couldn’t even have smelly candles or car air fresheners. I have candles and scentsy things now, and sometimes they even get to me, even though I am not pregnant. Now that I am done having kids, I really love smelly lotions to a certain extent. I can only wear a tiny little bit. Now all of my gal pals reading this, don’t worry. I don’t secretly hate you for wearing perfume when you are around me. I can filter it out pretty good. It is only when it is on ME that is bad.

Okay, that is all. I am sure you all feel so much better knowing those weird things about me. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

you weirdo LOL just kidding you are a silly girl!! you probably will be the only youthful looking one when you are old especially since you wear it in winter also LOL that made me laugh!

Cassie said...

Kandice-
We have got to actually meet, I think we have ALOT in common. I am such a freck about the sun. My sister goes to the tanning beds and she has had skin cancer. She has finally decided that made it is ok to be white like me! I use Dove or Jergens tanning lotion everday and it works pretty good. You are so funny!

Kelli said...

I am pretty white also. I use those tanning lotions once in a while, but usually I am too busy to even bother. And now that I am old, what ever, I am old and white

Mandy said...

I guess we will have to be white as ghosts together, because I only like to be in the sun for a second. I am a big fat baby and I don't like to be hot. And I HATE to be sunburned.

You never stink, so don't worry about the smelly stuff, even though you know it turns me on when you wear the coconut stuff!!! ;)

I can't imagine how nervouse you would have been if we would have sat through 2 movies tonight!!!!

Love ya!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I am totally with you on the TV and movie stuff. Unless it's something REALLY good, all I can do is sit there and think about all the other things I should be doing instead. But I do enjoy some movies, just not very many. And I can watch The Office on TV, but that's about it.
As you know, I love the sun and I never wear sunscreen and I am totally going to die of skin cancer or at least be all leathery and wrinkled when I'm 30. Yikes, that's in 5 years!