Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ohhhh, the mind of a 7 year old little girl...

So you may notice that I did not continue the trend of titling my blog entry “The day of….” I have used that theme so to speak for every blog since I started quite a few months ago. It is starting to sound awkward in my mind so now I am going to title them just how I want.
Anyways moving on, the title of this entry is Ohhhh, the mind of a 7 year old little girl. This weekend Me, Hallie, and my mom went to watch the Drill Team at their state competition. The coach had asked me to help a little, and even though I didn’t do much at all, it was SO fun to be there again. The last time I had been was 8 years ago when I was the one dancing and that was the first year our high school had taken state, so it was fun to relive a little how fun that was for me way back when. During our trip, Hallie talked NON STOP. She always has something to say, and if she doesn’t she made something up. It got just a tiny bit annoying, but I never want her to feel like she can’t talk to me so I just pretended very nicely to be interested. BUT…..she did say some of the funniest things that I want to remember, so here they are.
Situation #1 We were driving in the car and it displays what the temperature outside is where Hallie could read it. She said, “Hmmm. 20 degrees Fahrenheit, not too cold…” I got thinking for a second, and I was like-wow, Fahrenheit is a big word for a little girl. So I said to her, “what would a big “C” mean if it said 20 degrees C?” She thought about it for a minute and said, “That would mean it was 20 degrees Cold.” Lol
Situation #2 We were in the mall, and we just happened to pass Build-A-Bear Workshop. She loves them (has 6 already) SOOO does not need another one. Well of course she asks for one, I say no. We walked a little further and she says, “what if I told you that I wouldn’t love you any more if you didn’t let me have a new Build-A-Bear?” I just told her that would be too bad. We went into the Disney store, she got a little 5 dollar brush thing that she just loves, and she was cured, and she still loves me.
Situation #3 I was helping the team do something, and my mom had to take Hallie to the bathroom, which happened to be shoved full of tons of girls and parents and just lots going on. Hallie finished and was washing her hands when she noticed the Tampon and “napkin” dispenser and she read that they were only 25 cents. Well she loves to buy things, so she asks in a very urgent tone….need I add LOUD, “Grandma, do you have a quarter, I REALLY need a Napkin.” My mom not wanting to make a scene just said, oh you don’t need one. Well my mom tries her darndest to get her out of there without too much fuss and luckily succeeds with only a few chuckles left behind her.
Situation #4 Hallie had been swimming, and then I was giving her a bath in the Hotel after. I was sitting on the side of the bathtub when she turned to me and said, “mom, I think I am going to have a baby when I am ten.” I said, “oh Hallie, that wouldn’t be any fun, you couldn’t do that.” She quickly replies, “well mommy, I was watching on the T.V. the other day and I seen these little strips that you pee on and they make you pregnant.” It took me a second to register what she had said. I told her that was not how it works. Of course she asked, “well how DOES it work?” I decided I was definitely not ready to share the birds and the bees with an innocent little 7 year old right at that moment, so I just told her that those tests were special and they told you if your body was pregnant or not, but that was not how you got pregnant. She was very satisfied with that answer, and we moved on. (after me and my mom hid and laughed hysterically for a few minutes.)
I just love her so much. She has such a vibrant personality. I am grateful for my mom for taking us. I am grateful for G.J. for taking such good care of the boys and our dog and our house. We had a nice time. Glad to be home. Not so glad for the like 6-8 inches of snow that fell today. Oh well, Spring is soon to come. Have a great d

5 comments:

G.J. said...

Just so everyone knows (which I am sure you can probably tell), she takes after Kandice more than me. Of course that is why I love her so much!

Candace and Brian said...

Those stories make me laugh. I have been cracking up about them all day. That is so awesome you take the time to journal them because they are things you will never want to forget.

Janice {Run Far} said...

to funny I love her...

Kristi said...

That is so stinkin' cute!! I love the one about her in the bathroom!! she will laugh about that when she gets older!

Whit said...

Kandice,

Your kids crack me up! They say the funniest things! I like your blog!
Whitney